TDIFest 2010, Where will it be?

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Boy, the week to go over these proposals just happened to land on the week I'm selling my beloved Bora Wagon :( and buying a Golf Wagon :). I'm hoping I can get all my questions to the groups that put in the proposals tonight so that they have a day or two to get back to me.:) Given this situation, there is a chance I may need a couple extra days to make a finalize the winner of these two excellent proposals...

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
BTW, NorthFest, EastFest, SouthFest, WestFest, MidwestFest, there really is only one TDIFest a year.;)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Fred, congrats on the purchase of the Golf Wagon!

I'm looking forward to your questions about our proposal. :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Looks like a nice drive! I might have to check that out.

SnowWife

Veteran Member
TDI
E300 DT (sold), E320 CDI, Gassers
So who wants to pick me up at the airport? The way the New Englad crew drives, we will all either leave in the middle of the night and not make any rest stops or 2 weeks prior to fest.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
I need to apologize to everyone waiting for the decision to be made for November 16th, but due to a number of factors I wasn't able to give the applications a fair work through in one week. Therefore I've delayed the decision by another week. Rest assured it will be decided by November 23rd, 2009.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
VW Derf said:
I need to apologize to everyone waiting for the decision to be made for November 16th, but due to a number of factors I wasn't able to give the applications a fair work through in one week. Therefore I've delayed the decision by another week. Rest assured it will be decided by November 23rd, 2009.
C'mon Fred - that's one less week certain East Coasters have to prepare for the drive out. Any more delays and they might not make it. ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Of course there are some good proposals... there are two fantastic teams who have submitted bids. :D

Also, another week!? You're killin' me, Fred. ;)

bmccrea

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Golf TDI Wolfsburg, '10 Touareg TDI
still hoping its the chicago area.... ish.

I really wanna go and have the wife convinced too!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
petea4 said:
Which proposal has a stock AND modified show classes? :p :D

Pete
That's not part of our proposal, but I was thinking about that yesterday. Funny you should mention it.

I was actually kicking around the idea of Stock, OEM+, and Modified. This would make for fewer awards than in previous years due to having fewer categories, but the awards could be much nicer.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Replies to questions are coming your way tomorrow, Fred. :)

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
tomo366 said:
S & S is fine as it is........
I disagree.

2 weeks after TDIFEST 2009 was at H20i in Ocean City, Maryland. They did not have mute judges.

3 weeks after TDIFEST 2009 was at the Bugorama, and Clean/Elite VW show, in Las Vegas Nevada. No mute judges there either.

1st week of November in Dade City, Florida, for the BugJam. No mute judges either.

I get around, from coast to coast, and this phenomenon is only present at the TDIfest's i've attended. Totally weird.

Pete

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
???

oilhammer said:
Does that matter? The winner of this year's A3 class was not even a TDI. :p
The TD took 2nd. First place was a TDI. One problem was a lack of entries. There were only two of us even though there were several other A3s in attendance. :(

Later,

Scott

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
petea4 said:
I disagree.

2 weeks after TDIFEST 2009 was at H20i in Ocean City, Maryland. They did not have mute judges.

3 weeks after TDIFEST 2009 was at the Bugorama, and Clean/Elite VW show, in Las Vegas Nevada. No mute judges there either.

1st week of November in Dade City, Florida, for the BugJam. No mute judges either.

I get around, from coast to coast, and this phenomenon is only present at the TDIfest's i've attended. Totally weird.

Pete
do any of these judges get paid? are they professionals in the field carrying some type of certification?

TDIfest judges are volunteers picked by Fred - the fearless leader of this website. It is his website, and can do with it as he pleases... if you do not like the way things are handled, then go elsewhere or do not complain.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Man, if the only reason you come to TDI fest is to win some trophy for your car I have pity on you. :rolleyes: