TDIFest 2010, the location is Portland, OR

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Matt65 said:
Congrats Portland! I would love to join you, but the 5,256 mi round trip may be a bit far for me to drive.
Only if you make it too far--I drove to OH and back and it was a bit more miles than that round trip...

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Matt65 said:
Congrats Portland! I would love to join you, but the 5,256 mi round trip may be a bit far for me to drive.
I plan to make drive out from Massachusetts...stop in Chicago, maybe take a look at Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone on the way back.

nightmonkay

TDI
99.5 Jetta GLS
Road Trip!

MayorDJQ said:
I plan to make drive out from Massachusetts...stop in Chicago, maybe take a look at Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone on the way back.
I was planning on a road trip myself from NC to Maryland, then across to OR. (3,270 miles one way if THEY let me) Maybe we might cross paths.

Last edited:

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Mt. Rushmore isn't in Chicago. Just didn't want you to be disappointed.
It's been a long time since Social Studies. I think it's in one of those big purple states. Chicago's in a big yellow state.

TDI
'98 Jetta, and and "02 on the way
Awesome Road trip, I think I have the moves down!!!

I just put in the request slip for the time off.

Just got in from Portland last week, drove a lifted 2002 up the line. Thank you Kirk if your are reading. Met a real nice VW mechanic at Fixen Haus. And didnt get to stop at the place in Abbotsford, B.C. (A sweet storm was blowing in.

Looking for another road warrior for the run down in Sept. Anyone else from Alaska that is making the run down?

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Yeah - I'm considering a trip out. It's been a few years since we visited the wife's family in CA. So I may make one big trip out of it, visiting a few attractions along the way:

Looks like about 8000-miles round-trip. :cool:

TDI
Leaving the last week in Aug.

My only two stops that are hard wired in are, Liard Hot springs in B.C., for an afternoon soak, and South Dakota, there is a source for Bio-Dsl to fill up my jugs. Other that anywhere in the upper mid west.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Fairbanks Jetta said:
...stops that are hard wired in ... South Dakota, there is a source for Bio-Dsl to fill up my jugs.
You're continuing pretty far east just for bio, aren't you? Go that far east to fill and you'll just about get back through Idaho before looking again.
It's Portland, OR, this year, not Portland ME, Portland CT, Portland IN, Portland CO or Portland CO (yes, two Portlands in Colorado).

Last edited:
TDI
That cam out all train of thought guys.

I am down in that area pheasent hunting every fall also. I am going to visit family and friends too. Friends in Missoula MT, also.

I fully intend to hit the Bio dsl sources on the I-5 corridor.

MTjake

Veteran Member
TDI
Why Dakotas? But Laird is terrific and a must do. There is that minnow there that evolved independently, and the hotsprings are great when the griz aren't taking their young there for bathtime. Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump is as far East as I would go if I was you-I seem to remember some town that fell victim to a mass movement event in that vicinity-impressive yet sad. Dakotas? You got family there or something?

TDI
South Dakota, yep, it's Gods Country

Hi yep, my Dad was from Langford, and I have a bunch of shirt tail relatives up by Sisiton, that I haven't seen since I was a young teenager. Up untill a few years ago I still had a black rez hat with a red bandana tied around it. Other place I would like to go is Thunder Butte, out by Faith. I haven't been by that area since I was very young, I still have a red blanket for that trip, just have never found a partner to help on that journey,..maybe I am too old now.

Oh on the Bio Dsl, topic, ya alot of those Portland/Washington stations sell B20, only one or two B99.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I just love how this thread is already up over 200 posts! woot! glad to see it, folks!
I'm already getting word of many east coast and mid west folks planning on making the trip out west! Can't wait to see who makes it! let's bring it together!

nightmonkay

TDI
99.5 Jetta GLS
Road Trip!

This has also kinda turned into a east coast - west coast road trip planning thread (or am I on the wrong thread?) Thanks to MTjake again, and I might have to hit you up on that offer. I'm planning on stopping at state/national forests and camping out each night over my potentially extensive period of leave (fingers crossed). Still very excited

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
Dang it, I knew I should've canceled the family vacation to attend DC! :p

Hopefully I'll still be in a TDI for Fest 2011.

mackconsult

Veteran Member
TDI
95 TDI Passat Wagon
Hey all. I live in Vancouver, WA just across the river from Portland, OR and live just a hop skip and a jump from the airport sheraton. One day I am going to bring my sprinter van that runs on WVO with a story board about my WVO/biodiesel efforts, the next day I will bring my passat TDI that will have a full tank of biodiesel. Is the format of this event such that you just bring lawn chairs and sit down next to your vechile?

I won't have a ton, but for those that want some WVO or biodiesel PM me and I will see what I can to to step up my production of both these things just before the event for members use.

MayorDJQ said:
According to biodiesel.org, there's a whole boatload of BD retailers in the Portland vicinity, plus a whole lot more along I-5 in WA.

http://www.biodiesel.org/buyingbiodiesel/retailfuelingsites/

Last edited:

gloxter

TDI
04 Golf TDI
Wife's from Bend
I'm from Sac
Just got an '04Golf PD last year
Hoping to make it to meet the TDI Family

(first post, too)

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
WVU TDI said:
Dang it, I knew I should've canceled the family vacation to attend DC! :p

Hopefully I'll still be in a TDI for Fest 2011.
Why would you sell two tdi's in that short time :(

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI Premium
tomo366 said:
I am not planning a trip.........:( and I have only missed 1 fest .........this will make 2.
Sorry to hear that Tomo. You'll be missed I'm sure. Maybe we can have someone set up a video call with you for some of the events

I am still on the fence between this and a cruise...
Lets see.
Cruise= I have good time and maybe find that rich good looking widow I've been looking for.
TDIFest= I have a great time, see lots of the country, get to drive a lot, keep my fest run going (5 and counting), maybe finally win chip tune, and my first trip with paid in full car.

What was I thinking, I gotta go to the Fest

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
kooyajerms said:
Why would you sell two tdi's in that short time :(
Dad will keep his Passat I'm sure, and I really don't see selling mine off anytime soon.

Just saying!