- Sep 21, 2005
- Farm country, Sacramento, CA region
- Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
A fun event for everyone, even if you can't make it to fest.What is it?
A Photo Gallery/Contest made up of photographs of our beloved cars sent in by our members and voted on by our members.
Winner gets an honorable mention at the Sunday Awards Banquet, with a Blue Ribbon prize. Grand Prize: winner gets their photo put on the home page of TDIClub as representative photo for the club!
Rules of Entry:
If you would like to participate in the Photo Gallery Contest, please submit your entry via the following set of rules:
- All contestants MUST be a TDIClub member (no making many user names just to submit entries)
- submit an 8x10 MATTED photo of your favorite TDI (VW or Audi) that you've taken (please do not include any people or animals in the photos, JUST the car please).
- Limit MAXIMUM 2 entries per person
- Please include a short “title” for each photo, your contact information –name, user name, email or phone number.
- Private sales are permitted, but are NOT the responsibility of TDIClub, TDIFest, it’s affiliates or staff. See below for more information
- No previous sign-up or reservation necessary.
- You may mail in your photo's to:
TDIFest Photo Contest
C/O Brian Webber
PO Box 451
Troutdale Oregon 97060
- Or you may submit your entry upon check in at TDIFest.
- Latest entry will be accepted by 12 noon on Saturday, September 4th, 2010.
Mail in contestants: If you want your photo RETURNED to you please include a separate self addressed envelope (your choice of style) with postage and we will mail it to you after fest. If you do not care to have it returned then we will dispose of it by September 10 -one week after fest is over. If we do not receive the envelope, we will NOT return your photo to you. It get's very expensive to return all the entries separately. Thanks for understanding.
Photo's will be on display at the Sheraton Airport Hotel in the Mt. St. Helen’s ballroom during the weekend of TDIFest. During check-in, all attendee's of TDIFest will be given a 3x5 index card. Attendee's are allowed 1 vote, to be placed in a ballot box and tallied just before the banquet. In order to vote for a photo, you MUST be an attendee at TDIFest. Photo’s will not be posted on the forum for electronic voting.
The Twist: (and disclaimer)
If you'd like to sell your artwork, you're welcome to do so as a PRIVATE SALE. TDIClub or TDIFest and it’s affiliates are not responsible for the sale transaction of your photo. We will be displaying these photo's at TDIFest for people's viewing and voting on for contest purposes only. TDIClub and TDIFest are not charging an Entry Fee, nor are we accepting any money for the display of these photos. If you'd like to sell your photographic artwork, please send in the matted 8x10 photo, along with a 2x3 index card with the title of the photo, contact information and desired price so that other members may contact you for the sale. If you do not include a price and a member expresses interest in purchasing your photograph, TDIFest staff will only provide your TDIClub screen name for the buyer to contact you, unless it is specified: DO NOT CONTACT on the index card. It is your responsibility to handle the transaction of the sale of your own photo's. TDIFest or it's staff will not be handling the sale of any photos, we will only be responsible for displaying it for the contest.
Votes will be tallied manually just before the Sunday Awards Banquet. A first and second place winner will be decided on. The winners will be announced at the banquet and the Grand Prize winner (first place) will be asked to provide an electronic copy of the photograph so that we may post it on the TDIClub home page.
Enter, display, have fun! We’re excited to see what comes up. But please, Keep the photo’s “clean and tasteful.” Remember, it’s a family event.