TDIFest 2009 coming to Washington, DC

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Just an update for those of you who are wondering how we're coming with the planning...

We're working on the pricing structure right now. For the time being, you can expect to pay similar fees to previous TDI Fests. :) It certainly won't be more expensive, which is a good thing since money seems to be harder and harder to hold on to these days. :(

As soon as we get the $$$ nailed down, we will open the registration page. Look for that by the beginning of April! I'll start a thread with all of the registration information as soon as the site goes live. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I certainly will! As soon as registration is open, we will need help doing the vendor and raffle item thing. :)

Up until now, it's just been laying the ground work... getting hotel stuff together, registration details, and crunching numbers. Now that that's out of the way, the real fun begins! :eek:

dogdome

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
YAY!! Right, literally, in my back yard!! I can't wait!

I can see my husband now rolling his eyes. "You're doing what this weekend?!"

VeeDubTDI

TDI
no-blue-screen said:
This is great that TDIfest is going to be so close....anything I can help out with let me know.
I'll certainly let you know. :cool: Thank for the offer!

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
Transportation

Since this years Fest trip is turning into a family affair, but only with same number of days off, we are flying. This way we can get in more sites before and after fest. But does anyone know who might rent a VW in the area. I think Hertz might but I not yet checked around.

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
canast said:
Since this years Fest trip is turning into a family affair, but only with same number of days off, we are flying. This way we can get in more sites before and after fest. But does anyone know who might rent a VW in the area. I think Hertz might but I not yet checked around.

Enterprise in Fairfax VA near Fairfax VW has VW jettas, not tdi and very base models but VWs none the less.

11180 FAIRFAX BLVD
FAIRFAX, VA 22030-5048

Tel.: (703) 273-8306

Tellem you'll bring it back with a full tank of diesel.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
LOL! That would go over well, I'm sure. :D

Glad you're going to make a family vacation out of Fest! That's pretty cool. When will you be arriving and departing?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Update:

We are crunching the numbers for registration and food and in the process of setting up the registration system. Our target date for opening registration is tentatively April 15th.

Keep an eye on it, as there will be some very strong incentives for early registration! :cool:

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
VeeDubTDI said:
Update:
Keep an eye on it, as there will be some very strong incentives for early registration! :cool:
*very* as in free massages? T-shirts? raffle tickets?

Last edited by a moderator:

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
VeeDubTDI said:
LOL! That would go over well, I'm sure. :D

Glad you're going to make a family vacation out of Fest! That's pretty cool. When will you be arriving and departing?
Arriving on the 2nd and departing on the 8th

VeeDubTDI

TDI
What are you going to do for lodging? The Hyatt is extending the Fest room rates ($99/night) from the 3rd to the 8th.

clementback

TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon and 2002 Jetta TDI Sedan
Awesome!

We just moved to North Carolina. I guarantee we will be there. BTW can anyone change the tranny fluid on a 2005 auto jetta wagon?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
clementback said:
We just moved to North Carolina. I guarantee we will be there. BTW can anyone change the tranny fluid on a 2005 auto jetta wagon?
Glad you plan on coming! I'm sure someone will chime in about the transmission fluid change. :cool:

Remember to reserve your hotel room early so that you get a good one before the big registration rush happens. :cool: