TDIFest 2007 is coming to Montréal, Canada

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
OldSchooldFresh, I think it is very safe to assume that Rocketchip & Kerma will both be in attandance. Start planning your route now.

WORBC

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle
Wow -- Reading this thread has been intense!!!

Vicki and I are looking forward to attending this event. Will this be something like the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota and the Harley Davidson fans?

What all happens, other than group political stuff?

--terry

OldSchoolFresh

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta TDI
Oh man it's so tempting, I've been eyeing some big nozzles and a chip for the longest time, maybe this is the event to finally do it. It would be cool to meet the other diesel geeks too! :D

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
Calgary to Montreal = 3600km or 2240miles. Its going to take more than 20 hours... But well worth the trip though. Especially if you plan on making some performance upgrades...:D Look foward to seeing you!

Black and Chrome
2005 Jetta GLS TDI
Diesel Power DIGI PRO

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
I cant believe some of you can wait that long to mod you car;) My Wagon was stock for less than 18 kilometers after I got it:D

There will be several Chiptuners at the Fest and Nozzle suppliers as well.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
WORBC said:
Vicki and I are looking forward to attending this event. Will this be something like the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota and the Harley Davidson fans?

Yes and no...we don't hang ricer cars in trees while tar & feathering the drivers, tho...:rolleyes: :D

We're talking hundreds of people at the Fest, vs thousands of drivers at Sturgis.

WORBC said:
What all happens, other than group political stuff?

--terry
No political stuff here. We have no elected officials etc... to worry about.:)

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
talked to the GF yesterday. it went like this "so you wanna go to Montreal in September?" Her: oh yeah. . . .wait why are you making plans, you don't ever make plans!!

ME: well. . . . there is a TDI fest. . . but you like Montreal (and are fluent in french). . . . . .

Her: Fine as long as you don't spend ALL your time with the "car people"

so it looks like I'm in. first fest ever!

Brian

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
btcost said:
talked to the GF yesterday. it went like this "so you wanna go to Montreal in September?" Her: oh yeah. . . .wait why are you making plans, you don't ever make plans!!

ME: well. . . . there is a TDI fest. . . but you like Montreal (and are fluent in french). . . . . .

Brian
YAYAYAYAY Brian!
So, think we can rope her into being a volunteer while you do the "car thing"?? ;)

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
WORBC said:
Will this be something like the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota and the Harley Davidson fans?--terry
Yup, we're gonna dress Zippy up in minimal amounts of leather, and have someone drive her around the lot. Hopefully, exuberence will take it's course.......:p (j/k)

ME: Honey, do you want to go for a walk and look at all the nice cars? Maybe you'll see something you'd like to do to our car.....

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
paramedick said:
Yup, we're gonna dress Zippy up in minimal amounts of leather, and have someone drive her around the lot. Hopefully, exuberence will take it's course.......:p (j/k)

ME: Honey, do you want to go for a walk and look at all the nice cars? Maybe you'll see something you'd like to do to our car.....

*practices her princess wave*

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Zippy_car said:
YAYAYAYAY Brian!
So, think we can rope her into being a volunteer while you do the "car thing"?? ;)
as long as "volunteer" means "Go Shopping and maybe to the Art museum" then sure, I'll sign her up. (she may kill me however, but is's for the Club!)

B

JimL

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI auto
btcost said:

Brian

Ditto !!!

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
paramedick said:
I tried that and didn't get a good response...wait a minute, I think I said "in our car" and not "to our car". Maybe that was it...

dieselrox

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI, Pkg 2
Montreal is a GREAT choice! Thanks to the TDIClub.com team for putting together what will certainly be a fantastic fest this year. I'm bringing some more family this time -- my daughter and mother want to come along to enjoy Canada and the nice drive up and back. Brought my son to the PA fest last year, he doesn't own a car yet but thanks to the TDIClub he's determined to buy a used Golf TDI eventually. :D That'll make three TDIs in the family.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Well, I'm booking enough time to make it a fun trip, instead of a rushed trip. I left Friday afternoon from Gainesville, FLORIDA to make the fest in PA. That was one long drive, both ways. :eek:

Well mapquest says 1384 miles so not as bad as I thought. I have done that before. Of course out in Nevada, Utah and Wyoming you can cover ground damn fast! No so I would imagine in northeast.

I might even be much closer by then if things go they way they look to be going at work :( Anyone up north need a good VW mechanic?

On the passport thing, is Canada connected in any way with UK? You know, like Aussies and Kiwis? I have my New Zealand passport but need to renew my Yankie passport.

YEH 2007 TDI FEST!!

JimL

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI auto
SilverGhost said:
I might even be much closer by then if things go they way they look to be going at work :( Anyone up north need a good VW mechanic?

YEH 2007 TDI FEST!!
Always in need of a good TDI mechanic !!!

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I love to be there but i would feel na**et without my car there.And driving from Vancouver to Montreal is a tad way to much. Just a question to Fred, Do you think there will a TDI FEST closer to here someday?
There are 3 TDI's in our Family,and i am the only one glued to this site. I love the TDI's ..Ups quick question does one of the BC ferries go to Montreal..
LOL just kidding ,but i will see if i can make it (even flying)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
meangreen said:
I love to be there but i would feel na**et without my car there.And driving from Vancouver to Montreal is a tad way to much. Just a question to Fred, Do you think there will a TDI FEST closer to here someday?
There are 3 TDI's in our Family,and i am the only one glued to this site. I love the TDI's ..Ups quick question does one of the BC ferries go to Montreal..
LOL just kidding ,but i will see if i can make it (even flying)

i'll be flying in from California - flying in from the West coast of the US and Canada is possible - i too will be without my TDI, and feeling naked (shhh.. no commentary from the peanut gallery on that one! :p). But i'll make due and ooo and awwwwe at the other TDI's (if i get a chance!).

Maybe - if i'm not too tired and crazy and stressed out from this fest, i might try to organize (or help out with) a fest on the Left coast next year. You just need a crew whose dedicated enough to want to volunteer to do it! :D

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Zippy, Ill let you drive my car at the Fest so you can get your Diesel FIX;) Dont want you to go into 'Withdrawl' during the Fest:p We need you! And Ill refrain on making any Naked comments:eek:

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Fly out ,haaa. Is there a plane big enough for me to store my car on the overhead compartement? Or maybe tow it behind. lmao. Hey Zippy that would be awsome to have Fest on the warm side of the country.

Maybe i will realy think about flying out. It would probaly be fun althou it is some time away.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
meangreen said:
Fly out ,haaa. Is there a plane big enough for me to store my car on the overhead compartement? Or maybe tow it behind. lmao. Hey Zippy that would be awsome to have Fest on the warm side of the country.
A "B" Class bomber? would work just fine! then i can haul mine out there too!

Heh - Steve, i'm sure i'll find some way to get my diesel fix out there. Then again, for those who know how excited i get over torque power.... the owners of said diesels might be a little hesitant (or very encouraging??) ! :eek: ;)

Tomo - Twinkies and TDIFriday's Sandwiches!