TDIFest 2005 - Proposal outline/info

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
We are currently taking bids for TDIFest 2005. If you are interested, please do the following by October 25, 2004.

Here are some requirments and info that should be figured out before a poposal is submitted by that date.

1) Find a group of people (5ish) to work with you on the planning and implementation. This will help divide up the work, and keep problems from arising should 1 or 2 move away.
2) Figure out who will be the leader.
3) Get a rough idea of costs, event places, etc
4) Submit a short email to me with details on the people involved and what your plans are.

The data has traditionally been the Labour Day (or Labor Day for those in the US) weekend. This could be moved if there is a good enough reason, but remember, no date is ever perfect for everyone. Also remember these plans don't have to be set in stone. If you have something planned for Saturday morning and it has to be Sunday afternoon, that is fine. Things will change. Feel free to post questions here or email me.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The only thing better than learning from one's mistakes, is learning from another's mistakes.
Contact as many of the previous festival organizers as you can to find out what worked for them, what didn't, the reasons they did what they did (or didn't), what they might have done differently if they were insane enough to volunteer again so soon.
Only one year away, start planning now.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
I second what Jon says - you should definitely contact those of us who were crazy enough to undertake the task... don't waste time learning the things we already learned the hard way!

We talk a lot about it being insane, and it is, but I can also say it's one of the most rewarding and satisfying things I've ever been involved with and as stressful as it was we also had a great time making it happen and seeing everyone enjoy themselves. And knowing we were helping to raise money for the site left a nice warm feeling in the cockles of our hearts.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Good points guys.

Also in reference to where to hold it... Also when planning a location, it shouldn't be too far away from where the organizers live. Driving 2-3 hours each way to the location can put a major damper on planning.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Almost everyone that has organized a Fest in the past has said that despite the work, it was well worth it. I totally agree with that and recommend not hesitating. It will be a rewarding experience for all involved.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
The long weekend allows for the extra day of travelling for those coming from afar. I probably would not have gone if not for the extra day. It also allows time to visit local attractions etc. :)

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
The only thing better than learning from one's mistakes, is learning from another's mistakes.
We made mistakes :confused: ;) ;)!

So many of the details almost have to be dealt with near the end. Anything that can be 100% months before should be 100% months before. The final weeks go by really fast!

...I can also say it's one of the most rewarding and satisfying things I've ever been involved with and as stressful as it was we also had a great time making it happen and seeing everyone enjoy themselves....
Absolutely!

Scott & Chris

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Today's is the deadline guys... Just making sure there are no stragglers I'm not aware about trying to make the deadline.

Fred