TDIFest 2005 coming to WI

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
<font color="blue"> Congratulations to the Wisconsin crew for being awarded TDIFest 2005. </font>

Here is their latest proposal

For those wanting to book, this will come. A few more things need to be ironed out before we can take registrations. eschady is the lead on this.

More details to come soon.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Let me know what I can do Edward. I'm on the East Side of Madison so I'm close.

Let me add that the cool thing is we have use of an actual garage. The GTG's that have been at Topels in the past have really been fun and informative.

Madison is also a cool town for those of you that have never been here. Feel free to email me if you have questions about the area that ed's outstanding proposal did not cover.

Congrats.

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Looking forward to hosting the 2005 TDIFest for this next year.

We have some fun things planned and in the works. It should be a great time and I look forward to meeting a bunch of you fellow TDIers at the events.

Thanks for the offer Jason. I'm sure Ed and I will be in touch.
Start spreading the word...the more the merrier.

Toggle this thread as a favorite and watch for updates as we hammer out the details!

Later,
Jeff

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Congrates Wisconsin on getting TDIFEST 2005. I can kill 2 birds with one stone now and visit my family im Muskego and do the fest at the same time. Cant wait for it already.
Dan

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
WOOOT

Mark of Diesel had an idea to avoid the massive michigan traffic going to the UP and the traffic through Chicago that weeken...

it might be fun for those due east that might come through Sarnia or Windsor on their way to the Fest....

There are two ferries running across lake michigan... it would be a great way to start it off and end the weekend by hopping on the ferry and taking it across, avoiding the normal weekend traffic!

I can't wait... should be a blast - really looking forward to it...

Oh and wireless internet in the lobby right

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
I've got to drive to Wisconsin? Yeesh.

Well, maybe this will give me an incentive to quit my day job.
Buy more parts, people!

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Danix, I'll probably attend. So I can haul lots of parts back to the West Coast.

Ghoulie

Veteran Member
TDI
`03 Jetta TDI GL, Platinum Grey
WOW, only 2K & change from the SFBA this time.
.........Well, I've got family in Madison & St. Paul, MN so who nows, maybe a road trip to see my "cheese heads" is in order?!?!........Well done. CONGRATS Fellas!!!

jasonTDI

TDI
Foodstuffs.

What say you all for the BBQ? I need to get an idea whatt people want.

Pigroast?
Burgers?
Of course there will be Johnsonville Brats.
Hot dogs?
Chicken?

Other stuff for the fish eaters and vegitarians can be brought by you I suppose and we can "accommidate".

TIA

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
I've been known to take "shortcuts" of several hundred miles for a rib-fest... any local place that would care to put up a BBQ stand ??

Yuri.

jasonTDI

TDI
Madison has a couple of real good rib joints. Ones a chain, the other 3 are local home cookin' And are they good. Also there is jamaican' and every other kind of food you could imagine. Actually for a city it's size you really have to go th Chicago before you find more.

jasonTDI

TDI
A side note. While Edward is working out the hotel arrangments (lots of rooms on reserve)those of you wishing to stay in Metro Madison NEED to make your reservations NOW. I S*it you not. Sorry for being so direct but that weekend is the influx or 40,000 students and their PARENTS. All the rooms book quickly. The University of Wisconsin Madison if in full swing that weekend. Please heed my advice on this. And for you single guys, State Street is THE place that weekend for the college chic...babe....women. Trust me! 65 bars in a square mile. (after the fest of course) Sleep? who needs sleep!

wren

TDI
Jetta - 01 silver GLS
No question, my vote would be for a pigroast. However it is a HUGE amount of work. It might be best to have it catered if there are people in the area that do it.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Mmmmmm... brats....

But really there is nothing better than a whole roasted pig.

BTW, I plan on attending.

whiterabbit7

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS 201k miles
This is great!

I spent my summers on the lake in Milton. I haven't been there in years. Maybe I can visit my old golf course in Fort Atkinson; the Koshkanong Mounds. Great course. And my Mom lives in Three Lakes. I havent been there in 4 years.

What a great trip this will be! And I will be newly married by then too. Can't wait!

What breweries are close by?
I would recommend a trip to the House on the Rock. You wont see that anywhere else in the world.

jasonTDI

TDI
This is great!

I spent my summers on the lake in Milton. I haven't been there in years. Maybe I can visit my old golf course in Fort Atkinson; the Koshkanong Mounds. Great course. And my Mom lives in Three Lakes. I havent been there in 4 years.

What a great trip this will be! And I will be newly married by then too. Can't wait!

What breweries are close by?
I would recommend a trip to the House on the Rock. You wont see that anywhere else in the world.
You have the Joseph Huber brewery in Monroe, WI about an hour south of Madison, West of Janesville.

huber brewery

You have the New Glaurs Brewing Company in New Glarus, WI about 20 minutes south west of Madison, They make some REALLY good brews. That town s called little Switzerland for good reasons. It looks like a swiss village. Very big tourist location.

spotted cow

Middleton, WI on Madisons west side has the Capital Brewery. Home of many award winning brews.

capital brewery

You have Lake Louie (no tours) west of madison that makes some of the FINEST beer around. VERY small 3 man operation sold in Growlers locally.

lake louie

Of course there is Milwaukee about 45-1 hour east and Leinekugels <sp> in Chippewauw Falls <sp> 2 hours north.

Big beer state!

House on the rock

house on the rock

Cave of the mounds.

cave

Taliesen, Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studios. AMAZING!

F.L.W.

Road America:

Racing!

Horicon Marsh:

Horicon

Like I said. Email me if there is something you want to do. I'll get you an answer.

mgwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
black 1999 New Beetle
Foodstuffs.

What say you all for the BBQ? I need to get an idea whatt people want.

Pigroast?
Burgers?
Of course there will be Johnsonville Brats.
Hot dogs?
Chicken?

Other stuff for the fish eaters and vegitarians can be brought by you I suppose and we can "accommidate".

TIA
Not to sound too much like a Texan, but how can you have a BBQ without briskets? Spare ribs would be good too. I am going to try and make this my FirstFest.

Mark

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 5 sp., 2003, Silver/Grey Int.
Is Point Beer still around? I went to UWSP. Not that I want to drink any of it, just curious.

On another note, I'd like to make reservations at the "TDI Fest Home Base" hotel. Any contact info. for that hotel since I've got to get a room reserved ASAP according to a previous post.......

Tornado Red: I'll have to look you up. I'm curious to see how North County has changed in the past 7 years.

jasonTDI

TDI
They still make point beer. It is getting harder and harder to find though.

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
I have a case of Point beer in my house. A lot of the liquor stores in Milwaukee area carry them. I even pick a case up for some people in MN whenever I am in town. You got to go to a real liquor store not one of those fake ones with the grocery store next to it or whatever unless it is a real one that just happens to be next to a food store. Oh, a chain liquor store may not carry them.

MiksTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS Galactic Blue
This sounds like a Nice Labor Day weekend PARY!

I already told Jeff (Bluenb1) I would help do a few things. Our daughter will be here within the month..I hope.
She will be a good addition to the TDI fest.