TDI warrant expired

Joca Albuquerque

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I bought my 2013 Passat TDI SEL in a small dealer, the car is very nice, all complete everything ok, but now an Adblue error light is coming on, I researched the warrant and the car would have one, but I went to the VW dealer and they said it was already expired because of the miles, I had already exceeded it and when I bought it, the miles had already been exceeded, I didn't know about this problem and nobody told me about it either. What can I do ? I can't afford the repair now. Anyone had a similar problem? How can I resolve this? I living in CA

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
10 year old car. Poor track record of things breaking on them. Warranty expired.

I'm not sure what to tell you here. I have two of those here right now at the shop in need of multiple thousands of dollars worth of repairs.

This is why I drive a 20+ year old Volkswagen every day.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Is the Pope Catholic?

How do you resolve this? If you cannot afford to fix it (even if parts are available, they often are not for these), then you probably cannot afford to buy a different car. ????

Sorry, wish I had better news.

Joca Albuquerque

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
10 year old car. Poor track record of things breaking on them. Warranty expired.

I'm not sure what to tell you here. I have two of those here right now at the shop in need of multiple thousands of dollars worth of repairs.

This is why I drive a 20+ year old Volkswagen every day.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Is the Pope Catholic?

How do you resolve this? If you cannot afford to fix it (even if parts are available, they often are not for these), then you probably cannot afford to buy a different car. ????

Sorry, wish I had better news.
Thank you , probably I will sell it to try to buy a cheaper one

Ti63R

TDI
2013 VW Golf TDI - 4 door DSG
Dealers are tricky and sorry to hear that.
When I purchased my current TDI and I called up VW corporate and supplied the VIN and the current mileage to insure it was covered.
Currently at ~91K and got till Dec 2023 or 120K.

PS: It for sale now - due to not driving that much.