TDi Wanted

MrWorkout

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDi Sedan
Ok, I've been TDi-less since June, and am now back on the market. I received a (semi) free Hyundai Elantra after my Passat died, but it's just not cutting the mustard. Either I need to get a truck to supplement my daily driver Elantra (I wouldn't trust it pulling a trailer), or I can just get a TDi that will get me good mileage on the commute with plenty of power for some towing when necessary.

I would love to get a Passat Wagon, but am open and will take price, milage, upkeep, etc... into consideration. Willing to travel for the right one.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
I have a nice 4 door golf posted. Well kept with a book of records.

MrWorkout

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDi Sedan
I'll amend my post to state that unless someone's practically giving away something with an automatic, I'd like to have a 5 speed. fatsam - your car is definitely a good looker, just wish it had a 5 speed...

TDI
None
I can tell, that you've got the fever (in my Christopher Walken impression), a fever, for more VW. :D

However.....have you looked into buying an 80's MB diesel? 30mpg highway, lots of space, bomb-proof motor, ~ $3 - 5k on craigslist. I may pick up a friend of a friends 86 300d for a cool $2500. No rust, 140k miles, strong runner. Not trying to be sacrilegious to the VW cult or anything, but trying to find mine was aggravating. Love mine to death don't get me wrong, but MB makes a solid diesel. Anything 5 cyl from the 80s will take an IED and keep chugging.

De Man

TDI
'96 Passat B4V
96 Passat in Delaware

Would you be willing to look out eastward, Delaware, at a 96 wagon? Nice new white paint and many other details. Has 164K. Owned for 1 year, been taking good care of her while at my home.