TDI upgrade.com vendor site...BEWARE...trouble!!!

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Unless it was already moved. If so, sorry 'bout that.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
It's pretty far afield from Tdi 101. YOU went out of your way to find some parts vendor that isn't registered on Tdiclub AFAICT. Then when things went sour, you turned to the most-trafficked subforum of the world's most trafficked Tdi forum which runs solely on us volunteer's time and dedication for your soapbox to complain from.

Given that you're a long time member and vendor in good standing, it's all well and fine that you want to warn others and complain. But it belongs in the forum where it's relevant.

A TON of people have build nice businesses and pulled in tons of money on the backs of our volunteer efforts and work. You're welcome.

Tdi 101 is for newbies with very basic questions. Not for airing vendor complaints. I've moved the thread to vendor's section where it's at least relevant and will get the right eyeballs (buyers with money). Plus, I've elevated you as a vendor. Again, you're welcome.

JETaah

TDI
I know what TDI101 is for and what the vendor forum is for and, seriously, I really don't remember that I stuck it in TDI101 originally. That does not make sense to me.
If this is the case why did it take over a year to find this and straighten it out? I could swear that I originally put the thread in vendor classifieds. It may not have been in the dedicated thread for accountability but certainly not TDI101. Does not sound right.

JETaah

TDI
.... Plus, I've elevated you as a vendor. Again, you're welcome.
And when did you do that? I acquired vendor status in 2011. I did not have much choice in the matter if I wanted to use this website.
And why is this conversation not in a PM rather than a thread about an unreliable source for parts?
????
This would have been enough to get your point across:
"Given that you're a long time member and vendor in good standing, it's all well and fine that you want to warn others and complain. But it belongs in the forum where it's relevant. "

Last edited:

Akvwtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS 5 speed manual
TDI upgrades.com vendor site...BEWARE...trouble!!!

TDI upgrades.com
has been deaf to my requests to correct an error. I probably got drawn into one of numerous Prothe offspring companies.

I ordered a turbo smart actuator from them that was supposed to be a Garrett manufactured product for the Moto Remo company to fit the Garrett VNT17 turbos with the position sensor.
The picture on the product description webpage looks to be the correct part.

What came was a no-name actuator with a position sensor that does not fit the harness connection both in the housing design and the pin size configuration. I've not seen this connector housing configuration on any VW TDI. The vacuum nipple is clocked differently as well. It looks OK but its useless unless you make it work somehow.

I tried contacting them shortly after receiving it via their contact form and phone numbers that were given. NO effort to contact me. No response. That was at the beginning of April. They did not have any problem accepting the PayPal payment. :mad:

I am going to try to get a resolution from PayPal. Wish me luck.
BEWARE!
They are also on ebay no?

SeattleMK4Golf_BEW

TDI
2006 1.9 TDI Golf (BEW)
Anyone ever had good/bad experiences ordering turbos (upgrade from stock turbo) from FridayParts.com or MuchBoost or A-Premium.com?
Seeing turbos on there for PD TDI's for around $400. If they're refurb'd, then they sure don't make it clear that they are! Thank you...

Last edited:

SeattleMK4Golf_BEW

TDI
2006 1.9 TDI Golf (BEW)
Thanks! @burpod On a related note, just got off the phone with Giles over in Ontario, CA (owner of Performance Diesel Injection) and he told me stock injectors/nozzles can support up to 200 HP setups. So now I'm really scratching my head. Do I spend $750 to have new Wuzetem 1043 nozzles installed onto my stock injectors (to enable a better-than-stock turbo to perform), or do I just install new turbo?

Either way, will be improving exhaust system and deleting EGR, btw, as well as stepping up my Stage 1.5 Malone tune to a Stage 2.0.

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
Thanks! @burpod On a related note, just got off the phone with Giles over in Ontario, CA (owner of Performance Diesel Injection) and he told me stock injectors/nozzles can support up to 200 HP setups. So now I'm really scratching my head. Do I spend $750 to have new Wuzetem 1043 nozzles installed onto my stock injectors (to enable a better-than-stock turbo to perform), or do I just install new turbo?

Either way, will be improving exhaust system and deleting EGR, btw, as well as stepping up my Stage 1.5 Malone tune to a Stage 2.0.
Bew’s have better nozzles from factory. I know a guy( vw mechanic)who is doing bigger turbo, intercooler and a tune on his BEW without touching the nozzles. Have you considered giving burpod a try for a tune with these upgrades? If you have seen his thread tune 2-5 from Malone is apparently all the same.

SeattleMK4Golf_BEW

TDI
2006 1.9 TDI Golf (BEW)
@CanadianALH - wow, this is a (pleasantly) shocking this to read! Especially since mounting new nozzles onto my stock PD injectors would put my car out of service for 1-5 weeks (local shop in Seattle said 4 or 5 week turnaround).
I have a Malone Stage 1.5 tune and was planning to level up once I got a bigger turbo instead. I've seen excellent kudos notes mentioning veteran TDI guy @burpod but hadn't seen forum threads re: Malone tunes 2-5 being almost the same.