TDI Transmission Conversions

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Not sure if this helps, but If it’s a Chevy bell housing there are adapters out there for it. The short old truck 4 spd w/granny gear would be compact enough. 3rd gear stretches the best in those

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Not sure if Whitbread does TDI to Chevy, he does BMW to Chevy. He puts inserts in the aluminum. Look at Doomsday, I think he might do a thin adapter out of steel that bolts to the pan. I imagine the shorter the better for you? Quite a few companies making TDI adapters. I would be looking for something I could use an 11” clutch with and incorporates the TDI oil pan bolts for rigidity. The old Chevy truck bells had cross member mounts on them and also a cast aluminum inspection cover

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
KEP might have them too (Kennedy Engineering i do believe). I had their adapter for the suby motor in my Vanagon.