TDI Show Classes?

Sonnenschein

TDI
Eco Diesel
Just wondering what the classes were for the show on Sunday? I couldn't find it on the site anywhere. Do you have to have TDI to run the rallye? My Rabbit is a bit broken at the moment :( and I don't want to use my dad's truck! The only other car I have is a 2001 Golf 1.8t. Is this a big deal? :confused:

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Are you talking about the Show & Shine? That isn't a class but where you show your TDI for others to see.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
There are classes in the show and shine. There are awards for Best In Class, and a couple of runner up awards.

A class listing will hopefully be announced shortly.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Show and Shine:

A3 Jetta:
--First Place
-2nd Place

Passat (all models):
--First Place
-2nd Place

A4 Golf:
--First Place
-2nd Place

A4 Jetta:
--First Place
-2nd Place
-Third Place

New Beetle:
--First Place
-2nd Place

A5 Jetta
--First Place
-2nd Place

-- People's Choice

o Most in need of TLC (Not an award, will get cleaning stuff)

- Best TDI Conversion

-Jason

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
90 Corrado G60, 90 Corrado 3.6, 92 Corrado VR6, 97 Passat TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI, 2006 Touareg V10, 2011 Golf TDI
So B4 and B5.5 Passats are in the same class? Hmmm

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I think the B5.5s are going to be given a run for their money. I think a lot of us have soft spots for the B4s. *drool*

TheGrove

TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Yeah, usually they split the B4's and B5.5! Although even if they do I think I'll have some competition from Lug_Nut this year!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
TheGrove said:
Yeah, usually they split the B4's and B5.5! Although even if they do I think I'll have some competition from Lug_Nut this year!
Mileage is a component of judging so that will put the B4s adn B5.5s on a level playing field. We had to group them due to the lower number of these models at previous events.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Better get going...!

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Yes, as Fred noted we combined all the Passats this year to make for a larger playing field. VW just didn't sell many of them :(

-J

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I've had five. Jetter Sprintah have a similar count. RC has a pair. Tomo buys, complains, sells, complains and buys another. Brussels Belgian has a set. How scarce are they really?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
compu_85 said:
Well then you should be on the planning team for fest next year so you can make it the way you want :)
Nobody's complaining about the show classes. Simma down. :p

TheGrove

TDI
VW Derf said:
Mileage is a component of judging so that will put the B4s adn B5.5s on a level playing field. We had to group them due to the lower number of these models at previous events.
But I enjoyed being a field of 1!:D

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
"I'll Pay the Rent!"

On a serious note, I would be willing to pay for two more trophies (up to $50 apiece) if we could thus have 2 trophies for the B4's and 2 for the B5.5's. I feel strongly about these cars: for whatever faults they have, I think they are the "class act" of the TDI's; they deserve two categories!:)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Well, I think that's a cool idea! I think we should get a head count for each kind of car so that we know how many we'll be dealing with. There's no point in having two trophies for the B5.5 if there is only going to be one B5.5 at Fest (for example).

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Exactly. That's why we chose to merge the two models. But, if we're going to get good turn outs for both models there's no reason at all we can't have them separate.

I'll make a poll about this.

-J

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
compu_85 said:
Hey, IIRC Tomoooooo you aren't entering a car into either category this year :eek:
That is right!! But you know how I feel about this!!:rolleyes:

By the way.... HHR SS is Turbo Direct injected! the only problem is it is not a Diesel.......

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
BRUSSELS BELGIAN said:
On a serious note, I would be willing to pay for two more trophies (up to $50 apiece) if we could thus have 2 trophies for the B4's and 2 for the B5.5's. I feel strongly about these cars: for whatever faults they have, I think they are the "class act" of the TDI's; they deserve two categories!:)
Pity Brussels, he has to buy his awards.
Hey Brussels! The price per trophy goes down if you order three. Get one for yourself now rather than be shut out at the fest.:D

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Caught Red Handed!

You are on to me, Lugnut! Just like all the (self awarded) "mpg world champion" stickers FESTOONED all over my B4! I'm thinking of having a local trophy shop do a fuel economy award that I will award to myself!:eek: I gotta "toot my own horn," since nobody else will!:)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
BRUSSELS BELGIAN said:
You are on to me, Lugnut! Just like all the (self awarded) "mpg world champion" stickers FESTOONED all over my B4! I'm thinking of having a local trophy shop do a fuel economy award that I will award to myself!:eek: I gotta "toot my own horn," since nobody else will!:)
Damn Jack! you still haven't goten Laid??:eek: :rolleyes: :p