TDI shops in northern Texas/DFW or Oklahoma city?

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
after 100+ days at my local dealer (emissions games) in CT i have given up on them and my 15 golf that is now unregistered for not passing emissions that i now have to drive to Wichita falls TX for air force training. they claim the CEL cant be cleared for some reason and have been waiting on VW support for a few weeks now.

i am looking for a shop out there who can install a tune/delete for me and maybe even a CR170. Sheppard AFB is on the OK line with Oklahoma city and DFW being about the same distance away or Austin as well where i'll be seeing some friends on weekends.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
DSPauto is no more. It's now Pierce Family Automotive just off I-35 in Denton, Robert and his team definitely know VW/Audi TDIs.
quick google search brings them up, if i have my TDI in TX i'll be giving them a call.

Mazdaface

TDI
2014 jsw
Yea Robert is an awesome dude. Absolutely knows his stuff. Had a nice chat with him about tdi's while he was doing my dsg tune.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Yea Robert is an awesome dude. Absolutely knows his stuff. Had a nice chat with him about tdi's while he was doing my dsg tune.
ok bad ass i'll have to hit him up. the dealer really pissed me off with everything so i'm deleting it soon as i can.

TommyFan101

TDI
1.9 2000 VW Beetle
I live in the OKC area. I have a 2000 Beetle TDI that needs the timing belt replaced but I don't know of any VW specific shops besides dealerships in the area so I might drive down to one of these shops to get my car worked on. Are DSPauto and Pierce Family Automotive the same shop or two different ones? They show up with different websites, phone numbers, and address on Google. It looks like they are just down the street from one another.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Welcome. The shop is Pierce Family Automotive, there is no longer a "DSPauto" shop. The last time they did work for me their shop was in the south end of the building. The may have possibly expanded to the north, but in either case it's PFA. I suspect you will get Robert if you use either phone number. Good luck.

Vwkaferman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Wow, don't see my hometown mentioned very often. Graduated from Burkburnett back in the day. My sister was born on Sheppard (now defunct hospital). Both my Dad and Stepmom were trainers out there. Welcome to the family (both Tdi AND USAF)!

I know it's been a while and hell, you might be gone. I know W.F. isn't the greatest place on Earth but I assure you (no doubt you'll find out) that there are worse places. ;)

James

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
DSPauto is no more. It's now Pierce Family Automotive just off I-35 in Denton, Robert and his team definitely know VW/Audi TDIs.
I have had satisfactory experiences both with DSPauto (Brian) and Pierce Family Automotive throughout the years with my 2004 Passat wagon. Knowledgeable and honest folks in North Texas.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
I live in the OKC area. I have a 2000 Beetle TDI that needs the timing belt replaced but I don't know of any VW specific shops besides dealerships in the area so I might drive down to one of these shops to get my car worked on. Are DSPauto and Pierce Family Automotive the same shop or two different ones? They show up with different websites, phone numbers, and address on Google. It looks like they are just down the street from one another.
TommyFan101 did you ever use Pierce? Here in the OKC metro area, Larry's Imports USED to be my place when Larry was actually doing the work but his son is a different story so I took that off my list. Now I find myself needing to find someone to do a few things I can't so my next choice is Chad up in Wichita and I don't really have a choice after that but Denton (Pierce) sounds like an option though a bit further than Chad's place...assume they do all the checkboxes like timing, tunes and such?