TDI Phase 2

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
My car went in for the adblue leak and the dealership asked to do phase 2 as well. Will get the car back friday.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
My car went in for the adblue leak and the dealership asked to do phase 2 as well. Will get the car back friday.
Had you already put your Malone tune on and then revert? Also, when they told you about the Phase 2 service, did it sound/feel like they weren't going to work on the adblue issue without doing the full service? I'm determined to NOT have the phase 2 done for as long as possible and not sure if I just need to stay away from the dealership at all costs. Lol I was going to have them replace the rear window squirter cause it leaks but might just let it leak... :D

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
No I don't have the malone tunes yet. Have the delete kit from rawtek just saving up for tunes.

Talked to the tech who would be working on my car and he in absolutely no way forced the phase 2 on me. We talked about the adblue problem and then he was like, "hey while the car is here would you like to do phase 2 and get it over with?" He even talked to me about it and mentioned I can simply wait until next visit. This is the same tech who told me to throw my stock intake back in for my warranty work (only mod had been a neuspeed intake that had been installed for a week).

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
No I don't have the malone tunes yet. Have the delete kit from rawtek just saving up for tunes.
(only mod had been a neuspeed intake that had been installed for a week).

Why would you bother with the phase 2 fix and repair of the AdBlue system if your intent is to delete it all anyway? Seems like just a waste of your time and VW's money. And that money you wasted on the Neuspeed intake would have been better spent on the tune.

Last edited:

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
Why would you bother with the phase 2 fix and repair of the AdBlue system if your intent is to delete it all anyway? Seems like just a waste of your time and VW's money. And that money you wasted on the Neuspeed intake would have been better spent on the tune.

Because if you read your paperwork there is another check after Phase2 and it should pay for Malone and then some. And since he already has the Rawtech set up he will keep some cash in the bank!

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Because if you read your paperwork there is another check after Phase2 and it should pay for Malone and then some. And since he already has the Rawtech set up he will keep some cash in the bank!
And we say VW is a bunch of crooks eh? Some will get that check and those that did not originally own the car will not. He is the second buyer ...no check no restitution. So no check to pay for his delete and tune. He also said he was saving up for his tune. No VW check. Nuff said

Last edited:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
It will be roughly a year (20-30k miles of driving) until I graduate and can start saving for the tunes again. Had a couple unexpected payments come up. Also I am doing both tunes at the same time (stage 2 & DSG). Again, even if I delete it in the future, I thought I would still have to show VW that the car had gone through phase 2? Sorry just not sure...

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
And we say VW is a bunch of crooks eh? Some will get that check and those that did not originally own the car will not. He is the second buyer ...no check no restitution. So no check to pay for his delete and tune. He also said he was saving up for his tune. No VW check. Nuff said
Ethics aside, you dont have to be the original owner to get a check. I am the second owner of my car and got both checks and full restitution. The original owner never filed a claim. Even if they did, the restitution payment would have been smaller but I would still have gotten a check.

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Again, even if I delete it in the future, I thought I would still have to show VW that the car had gone through phase 2? Sorry just not sure...
You can do whatever you want after you get phase 2. As far as VW is concerned, you will lose the extended warranty. Other than that, you have no obligation to prove to them or anyone else that the fix is still intact as long as you're not concerned with the warranty.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
You can do whatever you want after you get phase 2. As far as VW is concerned, you will lose the extended warranty. Other than that, you have no obligation to prove to them or anyone else that the fix is still intact as long as you're not concerned with the warranty.

Thank you for clarifying. Also, I was the third owner when I bought the car at 15k miles.

smittyatl

TDI
GSW
Curious.

I bought a 2015 in 2017, first owner, with the Phase 1 already applied.

Would I qualify for money from VW?

This_Fuggin_Guy

TDI
2015 GSW
I've driven the car for 500+ miles since having the Phase 2 completed and so far I do not notice any difference in performance or mpg.
I bought this car for the mpg and I drive like a grandma so if there are any performance changes, I prob wouldn't be the best source. But again, continuing my everyday driving conditions and style, I have not notice any changes since having the Phase 2 fix.

Last edited:

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
I've driven the car for 500+ miles since having the Phase 2 completed and so far I do not notice any difference in performance or mpg.
I bought this car for the mpg and I drive like a grandma so if there are any performance changes, I prob wouldn't be the best source. But again, continuing my everyday driving conditions and style, I have not notice any changes since having the Phase 3 fix.
That's good news. Just scheduled my Phase II for June 15th. Phase 3???

bluebus

TDI
15 Golf TDI SE
My phase 2 is complete as well. Picked it up yesterday. So far so good. Trying to decide if it's louder or if the DSG has changed at all. I haven't driven it much yet so will report back if I notice any issues.

GrndZero

TDI
2015 GSW-SE6spd
My phase 2 was schedule for July 2nd, not sure why the appointment is so far away, I made it about 2 or 3 weeks ago when I got the letter. I called them back like 2 days after making the appointment and asked them if they could do the 3 year service at the same time since I picked up the car in late July '15 and my computer is already telling me I am like 20 days away. I never really agreed with it being yearly and not mile driven as I only have 20k miles in 3 years.

Not sure why some people were only getting the first year for free, I did not purchase any extra warranties and I got 3 yearly services for free. Maybe it was my dealer.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
The yearly inspections is new for the MK7/2015 TDIs, there is nothing wrong with resetting the reminder, it's just another grab at getting you to frequent the dealer and sell you a cabin filter. If you can't put 10K on the oil, they it is recommended to drop it and toss in new stuff each year.

In the northeast we have yearly "safety" inspections regardless of age of the car (brand new car off the lot has to have a sticker. So some grease monkey pokes and prods the car each year, looking for lose tie rods, worn belts, proper tread depth, I'm not doing it twice for VW, my time its just a bit more valuable.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Not sure why some people were only getting the first year for free, I did not purchase any extra warranties and I got 3 yearly services for free. Maybe it was my dealer.
Both my 10 and 11 came with 3/36 free maintenance. VW dropped that back to 1/12 for a few years. Not sure what it is now. No Amarok so no visit to VW for my new truck.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 was the last of the carefree maintenance, that was just an oil change and tire rotation at that.

2016 and onward dealers will sell you a service package for what ever you want, if priced out for 40 or 50K, I think one can save some money if they actually change your DSG fluid.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
An interesting note, I have a friend that just leased a new Passat gasser, not sure if it's a 17 or 18. He said they talked him into the maintenance agreement but that it did not include oil changes. I told him to go back and check or get his money back. Why pay for a maintenance agreement if it doesn't take care of the simplest part of the maintenance. Waiting to hear back from him.

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Just got an email about phase 2. Offering a free oil change, which I am due for anyway. That's the first I've heard about it from VW. I don't know if it's related, but I had tried to apply via the portal and recently got an email saying something akin to "Thanks for applying. You are denied. We won't tell you why, but if you think we are in error, please send us $150 and we'll check again."

My car came from the original owners via the buyback program (as opposed to a trade). So I suspect there is nothing further for me in terms of money.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yup no more money left on the table for you. Online portal is for cash only, what they mailed you was straight up recall work the dealer can perform when they have parts and time. Only thing that's in it for you is free oil change and use of a loaner to beat on while the throw parts at your car.

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Took my car in to repair the rear washer nozzle (under warranty thank goodness). The dealership informed me that the Phase 2 parts are available for order now. Should be here in the next few weeks.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Took my car in to repair the rear washer nozzle (under warranty thank goodness). The dealership informed me that the Phase 2 parts are available for order now. Should be here in the next few weeks.
I need to go in for nozzle and I already told them i DO NOT want the phase 2 done. :)

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Do both of you guys just happen to be having an issue with your rear window nozzles coincidentally or there something wrong with all of our rear window nozzles that we need to get addressed?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Do both of you guys just happen to be having an issue with your rear window nozzles coincidentally or there something wrong with all of our rear window nozzles that we need to get addressed?
There is a TSB out for it actually. It dribbles and makes a damn mess of the rear window even if you do NOT use it. It's weird and man does it suck to see that mess on the back of my cleaned up #dadwagen. :mad:

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Awww crap, I don't think mine are under warranty anymore w/ 71K but do you happen to have the TSB number so I can try and sweet talk my service crew in the morning when I drop my GSW off?

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
I mentioned it to my advisor and he already knew my issue before even looking into it. They replaced the whole brakelight unit and told me that it was an upgraded part. I am assuming the original part had caused that issue of leaking. Looked like someone was peeing on my windshield after spraying it.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk