TDI Phase 2

This_Fuggin_Guy

TDI
2015 GSW
I got a call from the dealer the other day saying that they are ordering the parts and are scheduling for the phase two fix for May.
I've got an appointment for May 16th, will be dropping it off on the 15th and picking up the loaner, they say it will take a full day and are providing loaners.
Just letting people know that it's coming and curious if anyone else got the call.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Doesn't the extended warranty reset with phase 2? That might be a reason to wait.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Seems like there was some milestone milages that change what u get and when. Seems like 40,000 or more get 1 mechanical upgrade before 160,000 and less than 40,000 at time of upgrade gets a 2nd upgrade replacement at or alil before 150,000. Seems like....

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Seems like there was some milestone milages that change what u get and when. Seems like 40,000 or more get 1 mechanical upgrade before 160,000 and less than 40,000 at time of upgrade gets a 2nd upgrade replacement at or alil before 150,000. Seems like....
This is exactly correct. In my situation, the just purchased Golf with 15,5K, I should wait. Someone else just under 40K should get it done right away.

This_Fuggin_Guy

TDI
2015 GSW
This is exactly correct. In my situation, the just purchased Golf with 15,5K, I should wait. Someone else just under 40K should get it done right away.
I purchased mine "new" last april and I'm at 13,5K right now. I personally don't see a benefit in me waiting, or skipping it as I know some people plan, so I'm just going to get it done and out of the way.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
We're at 15K on our passat (16.3K on the alltrack :() We're in no rush to get phase 2 fix.

We've put more miles on the Alltrack than the Passat over the winter, with weather improving, hoping the Passat miles sky rocket, 29mpg is no fun!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sorry, 29 mpg in the Alltrack, which we have been putting more miles on in the winter.

The Passat still gets 45-48. Sadly the white stuff is still falling and more miles are still being put on the Alltrack.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
not as far as i can throw him

This_Fuggin_Guy

TDI
2015 GSW
This_Fuggin_Guy, did you call the deal back and ask if phase-2 is really ready?
They are the ones that called me to set up the phase 2 repair so I'm not sure why I would have to double check if it is really ready. They also stated that they will call me a few days prior to confirm my appointment/make sure the parts are all in.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Doh! I just burned almost 20k in under a year! I better park it soon... I want a 2nd freebie.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
Some of the posters have said there is no phase 2 fix yet. Don't want to see a fellow Guy get bamboozled.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't think the guy is changing his world cause a dealer stated they will call in a few weeks to schedule and appointment. Hopefully he isn't holding his breath.

It'd be pretty low sales tactic, guy shows up a the dealer, ohh shoot we don't have the parts, but we do have this nice Atlas that you should buy. But honestly the service department is so far removed from sales department I'd find that a low probability of happening.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
IDK but eyes wide open is a good idea. Maybe it isn't even the dealer. I could see scammers starting to call TDI owners saying phase II is starting and I need your credit card to hold your place on the list etc.

Just being careful.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Maybe you are at the head of the line and we will all get called soon but I was wondering I guess if that was even really the dealer that called you? The car you own is public record and anyone can get the list. Probably I'm over thinking this but I get pissed if I get ripped-off.

This_Fuggin_Guy

TDI
2015 GSW
Maybe you are at the head of the line and we will all get called soon but I was wondering I guess if that was even really the dealer that called you? The car you own is public record and anyone can get the list. Probably I'm over thinking this but I get pissed if I get ripped-off.
You really think it wasn't the dealership that called me? Tinfoil hat much? HAHA

It's 100% the dealership. I missed the actual call and in the voicemail they requested I call them back. I called them back at the dealership number, which I have saved in my phone and also the number they called me on, and that's when I was put through to the person who had called me and set up my appointment.

soldierguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI S DSG
Doh! I just burned almost 20k in under a year! I better park it soon... I want a 2nd freebie.
Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
This is why I hope I get a call sooner rather than later...I want the second freebie as well.

I'm thinking I'll approach it one of a couple ways:

- If I'm nearing 40K miles (for me, that'll happen in late June or early July) and others are getting the phase 2 fix, I'll ask the dealer and see if I can get in quickly. If not, I may end up driving the other car for a while to keep miles off the TDI to ensure I get phase 2 done before I hit 40K miles.

- If I'm nearing 40K miles, nobody else has reported getting the fix, and it looks like it'll be a while, I'll blow past 40K miles and then put phase 2 off for as long as possible. If I can't get phase 2 done under 40K, I'd rather have as many miles as possible on the car when I do get it done. At least that way it'd be a while before I'd be looking at paying to replace the DPF.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This is why I hope I get a call sooner rather than later...I want the second freebie as well.
I'm thinking I'll approach it one of a couple ways:
- If I'm nearing 40K miles (for me, that'll happen in late June or early July) and others are getting the phase 2 fix, I'll ask the dealer and see if I can get in quickly. If not, I may end up driving the other car for a while to keep miles off the TDI to ensure I get phase 2 done before I hit 40K miles.
- If I'm nearing 40K miles, nobody else has reported getting the fix, and it looks like it'll be a while, I'll blow past 40K miles and then put phase 2 off for as long as possible. If I can't get phase 2 done under 40K, I'd rather have as many miles as possible on the car when I do get it done. At least that way it'd be a while before I'd be looking at paying to replace the DPF.
The 40K parts or no parts, is really only to cover VW replacing the equipment once inside their 168K warranty, Ideally you'd want them to replace everything DPF back at 160K and really milk the cash cow.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
You really think it wasn't the dealership that called me? Tinfoil hat much? HAHA
It's 100% the dealership. I missed the actual call and in the voicemail they requested I call them back. I called them back at the dealership number, which I have saved in my phone and also the number they called me on, and that's when I was put through to the person who had called me and set up my appointment.
That sounds better that you called THEM back. No tinfoil hat, just a big city kid whose seen lots of crap go down. But if a tin foil hat can make the voices stop I might just have to try one on. :D

Keep us posted on how it goes

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
the phase II fix has been approved, but there are no parts - yet... if you're signed up and have had the phase 1 fix done, you'll be notified by email or U.S. Snail...

it will be nice to get the extra $2K in pocket this year (fingers crossed)... but i believe VW has until this time next year to do the fix...

we're only at 17K miles on our wagen, so we won't get the other work done

willie
on the 'smile with every VW mile' Gulf of Mexico