Tdi nightmares

Dredded tdi

TDI
Golf v 2.0 tdi
Good day

I have a golf mkv 2.0 tdi bkd. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my situation.

When I drive on the highway the car gets a shudder at high speeds and loses power ,if I engage my clutch the rom drops and the engine stalls. It randomly stalls while approaching stops and intersections. No funny or odd noises . When I engage the clutch the car just stalls
Well I bought the car as a none runner, it had a misfire/implausible signal on injector one and four ,the starter was dead aswell and had an egr low circulation fault. I have replaced the injectors, put a new starter, 2 new injectors and glow plug wiring loom, replaced some vacuum lines, done software tuning to remove the egr ,done a sevice , replaced cold start sensor, replaced crank sensor, replaced pick up fuel pump in the tank. After all the replacements iv eliminated all the engine error codes but still randomly stalls and shudders at high speeds. For the life of me I can't figure out what is failing. I took it to a reputable garage and they also dont know what's the cause as there is no error codes to work off. Please any advice will be highly appreciated.

Dredded tdi

TDI
Golf v 2.0 tdi
Hi turboABA
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately codes . When the car stalls all the dash lights work as they supposed to but it wont start unless I run start it or use quick start.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
I'm not sure I follow, but it sounds like you have a dead battery if you need to push start it or jump it with a booster pack. (At least that's what I understand you're trying to say)

Dredded tdi

TDI
Golf v 2.0 tdi
Sorry for not explaining properly . I have recently replaced the battery. After it stalls the engine just swings over but wont start. If I'm on the high way when I get to about 180km the car develops a shudder and I see the speed and rpms reduce at that point if I coast with the clutch in the rpm drops all the way and switches off . After the shudder I notice that if I keep a constant acceleration the rpms needle seems to fluctuate. I initially thought that it was a faulty crank sensor but I replaced it. Then also replaced the fuel pump in the tank. The last time it stalled the car had not yet reached operating temp , I was 600m from my house slowing down at an intersection and when I pressed the clutch in to stop the rpm dropped all the way down and the engine died. I turned the engine over till I the battery started loosing power then I called a mate to tow me . While towing me I kick started the car and it drove fine. I did have a weak battery before an the car would struggle to start . But after replacing it would start first time the stalling had stopped for while but the shudder at 140khm+ stayed when I engage the clutch the rom will drop really low to like about 650 or 700 rpm ,I would just touch the accelerator and the rpm will come back to about 900rpms

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You need to get actual diagnostic data instead of just clowning around. Get VCDS or to a shop with proper scan tools and scan the vehicle. Misfiring \hesitation and random shut downs should trigger all sorts of codes, or at least register pending ones or freeze frame data which will give hints. You're just randomly throwing parts at it....

Dredded tdi

TDI
Golf v 2.0 tdi
😅 I have taken it to a garage , the same guys that done my stage 2 software with the egr delete. I took the car to them because they are RMI approved. I'm gona do some digging again this evening. Il respond back with my findings

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Seeing as it's cheap I'd try a new cam sensor, that can cause random stalls and no starting. It affects the injection timing and all sorts.

Dredded tdi

TDI
Golf v 2.0 tdi
And i have finally found some error codes, I feel abit silly for getting excited but atleast I know what direction to go in. So I had the older version of vcds and just got an upgrade. The codes are as follows
Engine coolant temp ,signal to high
Fuel pump relay, malfunction in primary circuit
Mass air flow sensor, signal to low
Vechile to low, pumping up start
Intake air sensor, malfunction Intermittent
Vechile speed signal ,signal to high Intermittent
Maf sensor, Intermittent supply voltage
Internal control module, EEPROM error

Does this mean that my ecu could be acting up?

Ramp Rat

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM; Case 580SK Backhoe; '06 Dodge 5.9 24V Cunnins.
Sounds like a lot of sensors going bad at the same time but, it could happen. If it were me, I would check and clean all of the electrical grounds and look for any rodent activity on any of the wiring. Also, depending on how much moisture you have in your area, take apart the wiring connectors and clean them with contact cleaner.
This is all a WAG but it might help save some money.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Some of those codes are a result of the low battery. Clear the codes see what comes back. Also it’s better to post the actual codes rather than the explanation, that way they can be looked up here.

Eight pages of vw codes and possible solutions.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All the missing information which you've eliminated from the codes can be useful (freeze frame data)

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
IDK exactly which car/engine the OP has.
On my 2006 A5, underneath the air filter housing there is a very important chassis ground that works loose and when it does, in can cause multiple DTCs and some bazaar intermittent problems. You have to remove the air cleaner housing to get to it. It's a big wire and a small wire bolted to a stud directly going to the body.