TDI Motorcycle

SledDawg2

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I'm sure that this topic has been beaten to near death.
But I'm on a quest ! :eek:

I seen this BMW K100 with a VW Lupo 1.4 TDI and I was aghast with envy.
.....>Click to enlarge
Here is another angle.
[url=http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=120595&title=tdi-bike&cat=500][/URL] .....>Click to enlarge

The bike looks like it left the factory with this engine ! What a smooth conversion.

Last edited:

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
I'm sure that this topic has been beaten to near death.
But I'm on a quest ! :eek:
I seen this BMW K100 with a VW Lupo 1.4 TDI and I was aghast with envy.
.....>Click to enlarge
Here is another angle.
[url=http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=120595&title=tdi-bike&cat=500][/URL] .....>Click to enlarge
The bike looks like it left the factory with this engine ! What a smooth conversion.
For the longest time I have been lusting after a Diesel motorrad, but why?

I went from a 2006 BMW F650 GS to a 1998 BMW R1100 GS (too heavy) to Suzuki DR400 (too Japanese) to a 2013 BMW G650 GS Sertao. Why back to the single cylinder 652cc bike? Simple 3.5L to 4.5L per 100km of regular octane fuel and with my aux tank I have a 500+ km range. Sure, Diesel would be cool 'cause I like the smell of it. But adding a 1.4 / 1.2L VW engine or a 800cc MB Smart engine makes the bike heavy and WAY expensive for what real practical reason?

I think if I was to do this, I would get some Harley and remove that POS engine and install a 1.9L PD engine and 02J transmission and some how convert it to shaft drive (R1100 rear end) with a suicide shifter, which would essentially be the VW shifter. The only reason for this bike would be "cause" and to travel to the pub in town not go to travelling on. Insurance would be a killer at 1900cc and it would be a brutal pig to ride. The TDI along weights as much as my whole bike loaded and ready to go! My bike is only 48hp and that's more than enough to get in trouble!