TDI Mechanic in Upstate South Carolina

JHolmes

TDI
05 Jetta TDI
I have a 2005 Jetta TDI that I believe is leaking coolant from the wanter pump. Looking for a Mechanic in the upstate SC area, to install timing belt/water pump kit.

Goat Rodeo

TDI
2002 Golf TDI 4Door ALH 5spd 275K miles
did you ever find anywhere in SC? I'm in greenville and I've tried calling and messaging ADW several times and i can't get any response. something closer to home would be great

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
did you ever find anywhere in SC? I'm in greenville and I've tried calling and messaging ADW several times and i can't get any response. something closer to home would be great
I'm in Greenville, too. What needs to be done on your car?

Goat Rodeo

TDI
ive got a steering fluid leak. its pretty slow, i just top it off every few weeks to a month and its been find but i'd like to get it repaired and its a bit beyond me to repair at this point.

Goat Rodeo

TDI
That is helpful thank you! I figured this was job any reputable shop could do but having a capable place that isn’t unfamiliar with tdi seemed ideal. I’ll check them out!

Goat Rodeo

TDI
For future viewers I ended up going to vintage auto in Greenville sc. they have a mechanic who works with diesels and we’re able to get me in sooner than protech. Also when I stopped in to protech neither the receptionist or a mechanic who came out could tell me if they had any experience working on these engines they just kept evasively saying they had the tools.
So the belt all done and has been running well for about 3months.

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
For future reference, you should look up Jeff "vwztips" who is a longtime member here and TDI wizard. He's up in Greer area (Taylors?).

Warthog

Veteran Member
TDI
see Bio
I used DJ in Easley a few years ago to replace the cam on my 2005 Passat...reasonable price and not too hard to find.
DJ's Auto Sales
806 West Main St.
Easley SC
864 859 7636
They have a lot of salvage vehicles too!

Warthog

Veteran Member
TDI
see Bio
Ps. I bought the 2005 from VWZtips. A manual conversion and it is a hoot to drive. About 307K on the odo now and still going strong.

jdickson74

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
Just curious if anyone knows of anyone or anywhere local to Greenville SC that can do immobilizer delete on ecu? believe my ecu to be an issue on my 2001 Jetta TDI. Have found several "good" ECU to buy local but trying to see if i can have immo taken care of local before shipping out. thanks in advance!

Warthog

Veteran Member
TDI
see Bio
Again, get in touch with VWZtips. When you do an automatic -to-manual swap there's a LOT of retraining that has to be done to the ECU.
try his profile for contact info...He's got a "real" job but he does answer private coms.

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
Besides @vwztips, is there any other shops? Needing/wanting some stuff done to my CJAA like the TB, CP3 swap, clutch
Have you reached out to Tips? He does work on TDIs other than B5.5/BHW motors. While he's done a bunch of work on my own B5.5, I also have him in mind for some work on my CKRA/2014 Passat. (When the timing is right for the work to be done....)

Bthomp0271

TDI
CJAA
Have you reached out to Tips? He does work on TDIs other than B5.5/BHW motors. While he's done a bunch of work on my own B5.5, I also have him in mind for some work on my CKRA/2014 Passat. (When the timing is right for the work to be done....)

Yes, just looking for more than one option. hHe and I are PM'ing