TDI Kerma Performance Damper or Fluidampr

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
If your stock harmonic balancer is old and worn out replace it with a stock replacement.
$500 for a ballancer? Why? I fail to see how this does anything but add hood bling! Plenty (and most of us) have made reliable high HP figures without things like this.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Sauron,
I ran a Fluidampr on my MkVI, but I had a manual gearbox with an aftermarket Single Mass Flywheel. It helped dampen the harmonics that can affect the cast steel synchros which suffer metal fatigue and fail. Probably not necessary with the DSG. My MkIV has the same setup, though with brass synchronizers which don't suffer the fatigue failure.
Nevertheless I do run one, having got a used one for $200. They do smooth out the power train, and reduce gear clatter.
The DSG is a completely different animal.

SmokeFree

Vendor
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2008 Audi A3 2.0T, 2010 Mercedes Sprinter 3500
My 2011 LHD 6 speed trans had brass synchros and it still rattled apart with a DKM stage 2 SMF and clutch. Brass is still susceptible to failure.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
My 2011 LHD 6 speed trans had brass synchros and it still rattled apart with a DKM stage 2 SMF and clutch. Brass is still susceptible to failure.
Do you have more pics of your gearbox? From the pic in your thread, I can clearly see a steel synchro on 3rd gear. 1-3 are usually steel in the 02Qs, 4th has a single brass ring, and reverse I believe the same. The steel ones are a set of three steel rings.
Synchro death here.
Post #128 in the same thread shows 02Q vs 02M synchros

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Hi. I have a Jetta TDI CR140 DSG. I´m planning to go at least CR170 hybrid. Want to use some BFI Stage 1 mounts and the dogbone i have. Can anyone tell me how are this pulleys on this engines? Are they worthy? Thanks.

Kerma Performance Damper

Fluidampr
These are very smooth running engines as is. Save your money, not worthy.