TDI Into a Subaru?

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
I'm interested too ... TDI economy and all wheel drive .... seems like a good combo.

What Subaru were you thinking?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
there have been a few AWD conversions to a TDI, my favorite was a jetta that ended up with a rear end from a passat and trans, 4x4 epicness.
you will suffer from a bit of MPG loss. Check out the conversions area

beltsander

TDI
06 jetta,14 sportwagon
there have been a few AWD conversions to a TDI, my favorite was a jetta that ended up with a rear end from a passat and trans, 4x4 epicness.
you will suffer from a bit of MPG loss. Check out the conversions area
Yes, the Jetta Bora would be a good one.

beltsander

TDI
06 jetta,14 sportwagon
I am a Machinist, And I have a CNC shop, so it would just be a matter of collecting the specs and finding the right parts, with some elbow grease!

GolNat

TDI
2014 JSW
Would converting a car to AWD be easier then a cross platform motor swap? Golf R parts maybe?

beltsander

TDI
06 jetta,14 sportwagon
Need to find the CAD drawings Engine and transmission for both Subaru and VW TDI. Anyone know a good source? I can reverse engineer it, DWGS. would be easier.

Mathieux46

TDI
Alh
I wonder if a TDI would be too tall to mount in a subaru. The subaru being a flat engine maybe there isn’t enough headroom under the hood of a subaru to mount a TDI.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Isn't a tdi also longer? Would be a sweet swap. I love the early impreza hatch backs.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
Forrester of some kind, never had one, just think the AWD would be nice.
HI,

I'm with you on that !

I would LOVE to not worry about the weather in the winters (well short of a blizzard).

Any idea how much MPG AWD eats up as opposed to just FWD ? I may research manual hubs on the rear like the old pickups had for the front wheels ... AWD availability with FWD mileage ...

Looking forward to more on this thread !

PS - The adapter find was great!

Andrew