TDI in Sturgeon Bay, WI

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I followed a Black TDI with tinted windows across the Bay View bridge in Sturgeon Bay yesterday. It had a Bergstrom license plate holder around the rear plate and the begin #'s of the plate where 491-XXX

Just seeing if it's anybody on here?

I see a few other TDI's around Sturgeon Bay, but I know most of them aren't on the TDIClub. lol Actually a friend of mine owns a 06.5 and I can't seem to convince him that he needs to come to a GTG in WI:D

liferzach

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
not to hijack your thread, but I see you are in GB, as am I. You wouldn't happen to have been at Festival foods on sunday? I saw a TDI with a club sticker and a trailer hitch there as I was walking in. It had vanity plates, but I dont remember them lol.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
liferzach said:
not to hijack your thread, but I see you are in GB, as am I. You wouldn't happen to have been at Festival foods on sunday? I saw a TDI with a club sticker and a trailer hitch there as I was walking in. It had vanity plates, but I dont remember them lol.
At this point Hijack away. lol ,but not that wasn't me to the best of my knowledge. I was in GB on Sunday though and stopped @ Sears. My actual location is in Sturgeon Bay hence my post. I do have Hitch and a JasonTDI license plate frame.

Winter Mode

liferzach

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
AH....cool.

Nice looking car man. I live in GB, if your ever around drop me a line in my PM box.

Terrific-In-Tahoma

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 ALH Jetta M5 / 05 BEW Jetta Wagon A4
odd, or I can't count wheel spokes.

The pictures posted of a Jetta TDI appear a bit odd to my eagle eye at 11 at night, or I can't count the number of spokes on the wheels, or they are two different cars, or they only travel with right hand turns, since there would be less spokes on the 5 spoke wheels , that would imply they are beefier type spokes to take the weight of the car.

Or it could be the light from the left is different than the iamge from the right side.

I don't know , but it seemed out of place, like the 'where's waldo' style of comic books.

WI, would be a great place to visit. (not to hijack the thread too badly).
~R.

Terrific-In-Tahoma

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 ALH Jetta M5 / 05 BEW Jetta Wagon A4
Tla

AH....cool.

Nice looking car man. I live in GB, if your ever around drop me a line in my PM box.
I am guessing, but could GB, refer to "Green Bay, WI", as opposed to say Great Brittain, UK?

I probably am safe to guess at Green Bay, but was not sure,since context is everything, and this is a TDI sightings thread.

[PS. I was in Green Bay, WI, in 1998 in January for a half week, Boy was it ever cold that week.]

Last edited:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I am guessing, but could GB, refer to "Green Bay, WI", as opposed to say Great Brittain, UK?

I probably am safe to guess at Green Bay, but was not sure,since context is everything, and this is a TDI sightings thread.

[PS. I was in Green Bay, WI, in 1998 in January for a half week, Boy was it ever cold that week.]
Yes Green Bay The home of the Green Bay Packers football team. Just a hop skip and a jump from Sturgeon Bay WI

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
IM in Wausau guys :D maybe we should do a weekend hangout sometime :)
There were quite a few TDIs in the area over Labor day that I spotted.;)

I'm considering having a gtg late this spring/early summer. I just need to see what weekend works for me.:)

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
If you guys see a green B4 Passat TDI go by on 151 or 41, it's me :D I make frequent high speed runs from southern WI to Green Bay to visit a daughter who works there. Looking forward to checking out that nature preserve by the river in downtown GB this spring. Watching the pelicans last fall was cool :)

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Is there an independent VW shop in GB? One of my daughters lives there and has a clutch problem with a 2.5 liter gas Jetta. Instead of me having the car towed home and replacing the clutch myself, I would like to drop ship a solid flywheel conversion kit to a local shop and have them do it. Anyone in the area who does stuff like that?