TDI guru central PA

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Dennis at marquette automotive, sunbury, metalmanparts.com , an active member and supporter of this forum.

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta 03 Golf 2 door
you are too far north for my guy to help you, he is in York, had done quite of few head repairs, both these and 1.8T's

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
check with Jared, at shearers auto in state college.
http://www.sharersauto.com/

I have visited there several times for tuning, and he has alot of tdi's kicking around for repairs. Kind of getting into tdi's and juicing them up now.

I also have a shop in york pa James at premier euro auto.

There is David Brubaker in thompsontown pa
Jeff

themightyquinn

TDI
1999 New Beetle Black
Tough spot, and I feel for you.

I'm not sure what kind of quotes you're getting, but just the parts for the respective cars you're definitely in the thousands, so neither is going to be cheap. I'm sure you'll find some variance in pricing but probably not a ton amongst people who have the proper tools and know what they're doing with TDIs.

I live in State College, and might be interested in buying a/the car(s) if you decide to go that route.

vandermic07

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf 5 spd, 03 Jetta Wagon
Jim Robbins Auto Care
16 Barr Rd,
Du Bois, PA 15801
(814) 583-7041

I know its a little far from State College but better than nothing, i guess. not to far off Rt 322.

This guy did my timing belt 3 years ago on my 01 golf and timing belt and IP on my friends 01 golf 2 years ago. he used to be a VW tech at the local VW garage but it is not open anymore. He was their only trained diesel mechanic. not sure up to what years hes worked on but im pretty sure he has experience through PD motors.

He has just opened his own garage within a year or 2 ago. Im not sure if he has all the tools anymore since the VW dealership closed, so you will have to call and ask. hopefully he does because i need my TB done in 10k miles.:)

RickCJ7

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
After 4 1/2 months sitting at Jim Robbins Auto Care, all he managed to do was pull the head, piss me off and waste 4 1/2 months of my time.

Is there any TDI mechanic in the central PA area willing or able to finish this job?

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
After 4 1/2 months sitting at Jim Robbins Auto Care, all he managed to do was pull the head, piss me off and waste 4 1/2 months of my time.

Is there any TDI mechanic in the central PA area willing or able to finish this job?
You got all the advice you needed back in post #10. Why are you unwilling or unable to take Jeff's advice? He knows these cars and your state far better than most. :confused:

check with Jared, at shearers auto in state college.
http://www.sharersauto.com/

I have visited there several times for tuning, and he has alot of tdi's kicking around for repairs. Kind of getting into tdi's and juicing them up now.

I also have a shop in york pa James at premier euro auto.

There is David Brubaker in thompsontown pa
Jeff

RickCJ7

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
You got all the advice you needed back in post #10. Why are you unwilling or unable to take Jeff's advice? He knows these cars and your state far better than most. :confused:

The shop in State College was too busy then and not interested in doing a balance delete.
The other 2 shops were farther away.

Last edited:

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Yea, go with one of the 3 guys Jeff recommends. You'll not get a better reference.

RickCJ7

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Called 1st 2 shops again and pm'd Jeff for contact info on 3rd.

Shares in State College not interested.
No call from 2nd shop yet
and David Brubaker hasn't been on here since 2006, is he still around?

Last edited:

03vw

TDI
03 golf tdi
Rickcj7 did you try Doug Baums shop, I have had excellent work done there and travel from Lancaster to his shop in New Cumberland for all my work.....

gcarl0

TDI
'04 Golf PD, '11 335d
I bought my '01 Jetta TDI in State College back in 2006.
It had a broken timing belt and some engine damage from the previous owner at 170K. The repair work (timing belt, camshaft, valves) was done by John Simback of Gemini Enterprises TAMR (http://www.geminitime.com/) on College Ave. Engine is still running fine, now at 250K.

A little to your east is metalmanparts.com, who I also used for an '04 PD timing belt and some suspension work.

GLenn

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr

Just sent you an e-mail