Tdi fix..

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
Has anyone gotten' the '15 VW TDI fix? Fuel mileage increase/decrease? Better performance? Has any received the $$$$ from VW for the fix?...:confused:

Ooga

TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
I just got the fix done yesterday. waiting on 4.5k payment. can't tell to much now besides the shift points and it feeling way smoother. the car basically refuses to go past 2k rpm's unless you are really trying to get at it.

Tsimpson69

TDI
2015 Golf TDi SEL
I got the fix done today and received paperwork to affirm the payment. Just waiting on the Chase Email. I have a thread in the dieselgate forum on my performance evaluations.

PHOTOGUY1000

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S, SE & SEL & 2003 New Beetle
Got ours done today... runs great at least the short time I drove it home. Anyone got there payment yet?

Steve

amcgeorge

TDI
2015 TDI S sportwagen 6MT
My 2015 golf sportwagen tdi S man 6, just had the emissions software modification completed on Friday 2/3. The drive seems to be as before the adjustment. I won't know on the fuel mileage for a while since I actually log every fuel fill up and figure the actual mpg each time

amcgeorge

TDI
2015 TDI S sportwagen 6MT
Update 2/16/17: a day shy of 2 weeks and average fuel consumption is in the low 40s mpg.
This is after a tad over 1,100 miles of driving since phase 1. There is no perceivable difference in power or sound.

nectarguru

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf SE
Update 2/16/17: a day shy of 2 weeks and average fuel consumption is in the low 40s mpg.
This is after a tad over 1,100 miles of driving since phase 1. There is no perceivable difference in power or sound.
Good to hear. How does that compare to your pre-Phase 1 average? My average in the warmer months is about 46, but this winter it's been about 42.

larrydk

Veteran Member
TDI
Sportwagen
Got the 2/3 payment 2 days after fix, easy as can be.

Performance seems the same, fuel mileage seems better?

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
update:

first fill-up following the Phase 1 Emissions Modification on our '15 GSW TDI DSG:

403 miles @ 10.33 gal = 39.01mpg combined city/hwy (25-50mph county roads)

and our first regen since the service - just today!

willie
on the 'a smile with every mile' Gulf of Mexico

sands80

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT SEL
update:

first fill-up following the Phase 1 Emissions Modification on our '15 GSW TDI DSG:

403 miles @ 10.33 gal = 39.01mpg combined city/hwy (25-50mph county roads)

and our first regen since the service - just today!

willie
on the 'a smile with every mile' Gulf of Mexico
Thank you for the update! So how does this value compare to mileage prior to the update?

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
i'm gonna say the same - we drive the same roads in the same lead-footed fashion (OK, snowbirds and dementia-ridden seniors do slow us down a little on our outings)

our fill ups last a month and we get a good discount on fuel (thanks, Winn-Dixie!)

willie
on the warm Gulf of Mexico

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
We did our emissions fix on 2/1 on our 15 GSW SEL 6MT. Payment was received in my account on 2/6 (Weekend). I drive 90 or so miles a day round trip for work 3-4 times a week. I've noticed very little differences in anything. I've been tracking my mileage since new on Fuelly and have two tanks run. The first tank it was 38.52mpg, but that had an unusual mix of city driving I usually don't do. That would be typical for a tank of not all highway. My last tank from filling up on Friday 2/17 was 42.65 which is on par for the winter temps/fuel I saw last year.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/golf_sportwagen/2015/nutty50/360037

Overall, no complaints and not seeing anything majorly different. I will most likely forfeit the stage 2 of the emission mod as I'm waiting for tunes available for current Stage 1 modded cars. I'd prefer them to not touch my car and willing to sacrifice the extra 1/3 payment.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
No change in performance or mileage with our 6MT GSW either. Time will tell on DEF usage, but that's not a big deal as it's cheap stuff at the truck stops. Not sure we will do the stage2 part either, though with our mileage I believe it's just adding a NOx sensor. Will wait till that becomes clear to make a decision.

nectarguru

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf SE
I'm going to assume here that forfeiting stage 2 doesn't void the new warranty? Sorry for being late to the game, but what's the fear in having stage 2 done?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
The warranty is extended again upon receiving the phase 2 fix. That may not be until 2018, so you'd be getting another warranty extension at that point and possibly new hardware depending on mileage. From what I've read in the paperwork, if the car does not qualify for the new DPF/SCR unit due to lower mileage, it will only receive the extra NOx sensor to measure effectiveness of the catalysts. So, in short, a warranty up to possibly 2023 on a 2015 MY vehicle if you decide on the phase 2.

nectarguru

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf SE
The warranty is extended again upon receiving the phase 2 fix. That may not be until 2018, so you'd be getting another warranty extension at that point and possibly new hardware depending on mileage. From what I've read in the paperwork, if the car does not qualify for the new DPF/SCR unit due to lower mileage, it will only receive the extra NOx sensor to measure effectiveness of the catalysts. So, in short, a warranty up to possibly 2023 on a 2015 MY vehicle if you decide on the phase 2.
But there are two variants of the warranty, the greater of 11 years/162k miles or 5 years/60k at Phase 1 and extended at Phase 2. The majority of us fall under the first set of conditions. I'm wondering if you were to get Phase 1 and receive the 11y/162k warranty it will be voided if you forgo Phase 2.

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf Tdi manual transmission. Wife's car a 2014 toured v6 Tdi
Power band sucks if Kerma can't fix it it is gone. No longer a torquey diesel. It just doesn't pull like it did when it was stock. Let along with a tune.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Power band sucks if Kerma can't fix it it is gone. No longer a torquey diesel. It just doesn't pull like it did when it was stock. Let along with a tune.
Are you saying that you noticed a difference from stock to Phase 1 flash? Or from Kerma tuned to Phase 1 flash? If the latter, of course it's going to feel tremendously different going back to stock. Zero difference noticed with our wagon after the flash.

Nu2TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta
I emailed Charlie (Kerma Tdi tuner), this is his reply:

The basic calibration is ready, and the new tune is already in use for several diesegate cars with the new factory flash. However, we still need some of the original files to be read on the bench before they will be available to the Qpro. That's becuase the device does not actually read the complete ecu contents but only the ID string. So all the original files need to be available in the server for it to work. So the time frame for being able to retune your particular car will depend on how quickly someone wants to send us an ecu for bench reading. Then it is available for all users of the Qpro and similar devices.

So, dhlovland, any chance you can send in your ecu? I personally have the Kerma tune for my GSW as well. And, I haven't performed the emissions modifications yet.

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
So, you have the 2015 Kerma tuning? And you've done the modification?
Yes I had it tuned a year ago it was awesome took the tune VW did more unable to installe tune right now working with Charlie on this

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
I emailed Charlie (Kerma Tdi tuner), this is his reply:
The basic calibration is ready, and the new tune is already in use for several diesegate cars with the new factory flash. However, we still need some of the original files to be read on the bench before they will be available to the Qpro. That's becuase the device does not actually read the complete ecu contents but only the ID string. So all the original files need to be available in the server for it to work. So the time frame for being able to retune your particular car will depend on how quickly someone wants to send us an ecu for bench reading. Then it is available for all users of the Qpro and similar devices.
So, dhlovland, any chance you can send in your ecu? I personally have the Kerma tune for my GSW as well. And, I haven't performed the emissions modifications yet.
How long would he need? Where is located on this car. What happens if it gets lost in shipping. Needtohavecharlie email me.

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
Are you saying that you noticed a difference from stock to Phase 1 flash? Or from Kerma tuned to Phase 1 flash? If the latter, of course it's going to feel tremendously different going back to stock. Zero difference noticed with our wagon after the flash.
Returned to stock drove a coupled days then had a reflashed done. Car deffinatly doesn't pull as hard at 1800 rpm as it did stock

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
FYI if you have a golf or GSW, you are good to go at this point. Just e-mail tuning@kermatdi.com and we'll get you tuned again.