TDI fest newbie question

guyfromtor

TDI
2006 Jetta
Hi,

I am thinking of coming to the TDI Fest 2006.

I am 44 years old and I am thinking of bringing my wife and kids as part of our vacation.

Am I too old for this?
You think it will be fun for the wife and kids? (They will probably spend much of the time at the mall anyways :D)

Basically, I just want to know if people bring their families to this event and how it works out.

TIA

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Nope, you aren't too old. Tomo will be there and hes like 80. JK. I don't know the area, but I am sure there would be a lot to do for the rest of the family there. I am sure yours wont be the only family there.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Hey Dan......Bl** Me and I am 54, Pete V is older than that
Come on out The TDIers are mostly a very Mature if you Discount Jettaf*ck

guyfromtor

TDI
2006 Jetta
tomo366 said:
Hey Dan......Bl** Me and I am 54, Pete V is older than that
Come on out The TDIers are mostly a very Mature if you Discount Jettaf*ck
Well the boss (my wife and kids :D) gave me the ok, we are going to be there and I am looking forward in meeting you all.

My wife was just worried this was goign to be a meet with a bunch of young guys, cursing, and reving engines. I asked her "what's wrong with reving engines?" :eek:

MDIESEL

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf GLS PD-TDI
Definitely come on out, and bring the wife and kids. There is a ton of non-car related stuff to do around KOP, and who knows they might enjoy the car-related activities as well. Remember, KOP is not too far from Hershey Park, a great place to take the kids for a day. Also within range is Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, Six Flags in Jersey, The Phila. Zoo, the Baltimore Aquarium is also just a short drive away, museums, historic parts of philly (Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross house, etc...), there is a ton of stuff for the family that you all will enjoy.

Mitch

guyfromtor

TDI
2006 Jetta
MDIESEL said:
Definitely come on out, and bring the wife and kids. There is a ton of non-car related stuff to do around KOP, and who knows they might enjoy the car-related activities as well. Remember, KOP is not too far from Hershey Park, a great place to take the kids for a day. Also within range is Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, Six Flags in Jersey, The Phila. Zoo, the Baltimore Aquarium is also just a short drive away, museums, historic parts of philly (Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross house, etc...), there is a ton of stuff for the family that you all will enjoy.

Mitch
Sounds fantastic :D. Can hardly wait, I wish TDIFest was in April instead of Sept.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Welcome aboard!

Please don't forget to register!

List your wife & kid's names in your registration, and we'll get them name tags, too (so they won't feel left out!)

guyfromtor

TDI
2006 Jetta
Made a mistake when registering...

Hi Hamsterdiesel,

I made a mistake when registering:

I only put down for 2 tickets for Meet and Greet, featuring a "Taste of Philly". One for myself and my wife.

But I have 2 kids coming (5 and 8 year old). Is it $16 each as well?

I have not paid with paypal yet, how do I fix this up?

TIA
Ric

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
MDIESEL said:
And if that doesn't suffice, there is always Washington or New York.

Peter, Julie: do either of you remember if people went up to New Hampshire in 2004 to get electronic goods and other similar items?

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
Not sure that anyone did, but they certainly could have...Massachusetts people always do!

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
Hamsterdiesel said:
Not sure that anyone did, but they certainly could have...Massachusetts people always do!
Ah well - Delaware is maybe a half hour or so away....

dieselrox

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI, Pkg 2
Too old? :eek: Nah! I'm 47, and a newbie to the TDI scene as you are. I'm a single dad, my kids are mostly grown. The ex left do do her own thing years ago, so I'll be at TDI Fest by myself unless my 18 yr-old son wants to tag along. See you in PA!

Last edited:

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
Echoing guyfromtor's question about registration

To anyone;

Forgot to order a shirt for my son's friend who will be attending.

For making changes, I have a couple of questions:

1 - When filling out the form, should we re-enter everything or just what changed?

2 - If we re-enter everything, how does the difference get calculated?

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
There is an option to choose "Change in previous registration?" on the registration page. Click that option and submit the change only, along with your name and screen name. Then, just type what you intend to change in the 'comments' section of the registration to be sure.

By only adding what you want, you will only generate a bill for the additional items. Then you can submit an additional payment that would only cover the new bill. Or if you haven't paid yet, add the two bills together - the first registration and any changes and pay one lump sum.

As always, you can PM me if unsure!