TDI Fest 2003 - Saturday Rally

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
u guys will have a blast.....one other thing to keep in mind...if u have a car in front of you.....hampering your enjoyment...let them get aways ahead of you....giving u space ( road) to play
catch up.....

lots of fun to be had folks....

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I will have to withdraw my registration for the rally. I got schmucked on the 401 last night. Waiting to hear from insurace company on the outcome.

Looks like I'll be a navigator for this one!!!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
My gosh, NOOOO!!! Really, really sorry to hear about that. Hope you and everyone involved are OK. Hope you get back on a set of TDI wheels soon. An `04 with the PD engine would be a timely option....

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
damn
...was it around burlington / oakville area....another jetta invovled...i heard it was pretty bad...sorry to hear. Hopefully all is well, if u haven't yet, go get checked out...my pains arrived 2 days later..and the neck and shoulders still get stiff....

take care of u...and gets as many parts out of your car..if they write it off that is....

good luck

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Wingnut, I'm looking for a co-pilot / navigator for the rally. Would you be interested in joining me? Let me know.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
TDIMeister said:
Wingnut, I'm looking for a co-pilot / navigator for the rally. Would you be interested in joining me? Let me know.
Thank you so much for the offer, but I have already lined up a pilot for the rally. As a side benefit, he lives in my hometown (Ajax), so I can even get rides to the fest with him. It would be weird to go to a TDI fest in a gasser rental.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Fred, Here in Montreal you can rent TDI's from Via-Route. Not sure if available in Ontario though

DzlEnthusiast

TDI
95 Mercury Sable Station Wagon
Count me in for the rally...Although I'm a gasser...Will the partnership be decided at the Driver's meet?

Cheers

Dzl

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
DzlEnthusiast said:
Count me in for the rally...Although I'm a gasser...Will the partnership be decided at the Driver's meet?

Cheers

Dzl
Saturday morning 9:00 AM, during the driver's meeting, we'll try to match up the drivers without navigators to the navigators without drivers. But feel free to have your own arrangement made beforehand; it will save time and aggravation.

To address one other point ... this is not a speed contest, we can't do that on public roads. Going too fast will cost you points on the rally scoring (and maybe points on your license ...) The rest will be based on seeing certain landmarks and on not getting lost ...

blandon

TDI
2000 Jetta
(rats - got locked out of my old account and had to create a new one.)

Anyway,

I found out I'll be in the Toronto area this weekend after all, and I'd really like to make it to at least the rally on Saturday but I can't really guarantee anything else... about what time is the rally looking to finish up? I have another commitment for Saturday evening but I might try to get back for part of Sunday - we'll see.

also, suds, if you're watching this, should I still Paypal you the registration fee or should I plan on paying on-site?

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
The rally will run from 9:00am until approx. 2:00pm. If you are coming please pay on site since processing time for paypal is too long at this point in the game.
Hope to see you there!

DzlEnthusiast

TDI
How will you know if we've gone to fast...has someone run the entire course at the speed limit(s)?

Rammstein...We can all hope. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cheers

Dzl

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
yup we drove it at the speed limit, know how much fuel it takes, even ran it with 15" and 17" wheels to get the kms #'s too....we have it all covered...i suspect many wil drive this on there leisure, having more fun /images/graemlins/wink.gif on the 2nd pass /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rammstein

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 92 D
[ QUOTE ]
DzlEnthusiast said:
Rammstein...We can all hope. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When there's hope...everything is possible! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

DzlEnthusiast

TDI
I may have to withdraw from the rally because I have to work from 1 o clock...

Would you actually finish driving before then or is ti timed out that it would finish by 2?

Cheers

Dzl

DzlEnthusiast

TDI
I really think I'm gone...Because I don't think I could finish the rally and make it to 403/Mississauga for 1 o clock.

Sunday I will probably be there ALL day

Cheers

Dzl