TDI Drag Day in MD... An Annual Event?

DzlJuce

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta
Videos are coming, there's 14 of them, of varying quality. With the wind chill it was tough keeping the camera from shaking...

Refer back to this post, I'll update it with links as the files are available. Not all of the runs are represented; I missed some of them, and the rest I'm going to blame on equipment malfunctions, certainly not user error. ;)

AThreeTDI vs StealthTDI
AThreeTDI vs SuperJetta
StealthTDI vs Mustang
D_Bill vs Camaro
97pssat04golfTDIs vs Hemi300
AThreeTDI vs SuperJetta Rematch
AThreeTDI In-car
97pssat04golfTDIs vs Mustang
AThreeTDI vs Mustang ("How about that...")
StealthTDI vs Dodge Pickup
97pssat04golfTDIs vs va_reman
AThreeTDI vs Chevy II
AThreeTDI vs Integra
StealthTDI vs Blazer

Last edited:

97pssat04golfTDIs

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat GLS TDI traded in, 2004 Golf GLS, 2004 Passat GLS Sold in Nov. 2012
Sorry and Thank you for Organizing this GTG

Stealth TDI said:
Fixed the times in my first time post...
Sorry Scott I did not think to look back at your previous post. :eek: Also a Big thank you for arranging this GTG, it was really fun to meet everyone and see some very nicely pumped up TDI's.

Take care all,

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
AThreeTdi said:
Wish you guys could have hung around for the bracket racing, I decided to since's it's been a while for me. I end up in 2nd place in the super street class that we were racing in today, it wasn't a bad way to loose actually because I guess I ran so hard to win I turned I fastest time (14.711 @ 93.31) of the day on that pass.. It was a great day and nice to GTG with some club members too. After make it thru the six rounds of eliminations I counted a total of 14 passes down the track for the day.
And so little smoke! Nice job Joe! That 1/4 mile time and trap needs about 170-180 hp. Wonder how the actual dyno numbers would compare?

Scott, I'll look for your ECU to arrive, then we'll see what I can do about getting that turbo to perform at its potential.

Last edited:

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
And so my boost issue is solved...Boost valve letting all the vacuum out so no movement on the actuator...lame. Would have had some good runs in there if I had thought to plug it at the track. No more Boost Valve and no spikes above 20 like it should be with my tuning. :p Not sure I'll drag on such a sticky track again though...

AHUTDI

TDI
1997 Jetta TDI and 2011 Golf TDI
Man, that in-car footage really shows AThreeTDI's speed shifting skills.

The poor SuperJetta (Supercharged 98 2.0) could've done much better. There were better runs that weren't filmed. In both those races against AThreeTDI, the driver missed 2nd gear. Guess the driver has spent too much time away from the good 'ol 020 transmission. :rolleyes:

va_reman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
That was alot of fun, so what about track racing? can anyone point me in the right direction for Alligator tuning or Rocketchip! I have a need, a need for speed...

On another note VA State Troopers where everywhere on my way there to MIR ad on my way home. One looked over at me as he past me on the left and had a good laugh when he saw 17.90 on my window. Hopefully one day I can get this car in the 15's...

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Yup.

That's why I cleaned my windows before I left. I've earned plenty of tickets in my day; but have yet to receive one. I don't need a reason to have the popo looking at me. ;)

Online 1/4-mile horsepower calculators estimate my horsepower around 152... just about 16 more than my last dyno. I'm sure that's because these calculators cannot account for the low-end burst at the beginning of the track... or because the Dynapack dyno may be conservative. Who knows? Joe's car calculates to 180, suggesting he'd spin at least 164 on the dyno. His slipping clutch suggests he's approaching 280-300 lb/ft to the wheel! :eek:

Nice job!

Scott

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
Those numbers are just WRONG: ;)

JERRY HIGGS ............. 04 DODGE ... 5.7 ... .070 ... 14.89 ... 14.826 ... 88.45
JOE SUTHERLAND ...... 98 JETTA ..... 1.9 .....038 ... 14.82 ... 14.711 ... 93.36

HAHA!

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Nice Joe! Looks like you need a DD clutch kit--and I finally have torque values for it so give me a call :).
And FWIW, I'm staying out of the stage III thread since Paul is taking care of things now, I figured that'd be a safer bet. Scott, please give me a call if you need me to check on anything else...
Again, congrats to Joe! Awesome times!
Cheers!
-BB

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Stealth TDI said:
Those numbers are just WRONG: ;)

JERRY HIGGS ............. 04 DODGE ... 5.7 ... .070 ... 14.89 ... 14.826 ... 88.45
JOE SUTHERLAND ...... 98 JETTA ..... 1.9 .....038 ... 14.82 ... 14.711 ... 93.36

HAHA!
Awesome!!

And the last column they forgot:

--------------MPGs ON RIDE HOME
04 DODGE ------20 on a good day
98 JETTA ------ 40 on a bad day

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
va_reman said:
That was alot of fun, so what about track racing? can anyone point me in the right direction for Alligator tuning or Rocketchip! I have a need, a need for speed...

On another note VA State Troopers where everywhere on my way there to MIR ad on my way home. One looked over at me as he past me on the left and had a good laugh when he saw 17.90 on my window. Hopefully one day I can get this car in the 15's...
I race my car with Aligator tuning. You won't be disappointed with it!!
http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/StoreFront

They will take good care of you!

17.90? Yeah, 15's are within reach. My car was running 19.5's when it was stock. LOL

Give the guys at Kerma a call, then go back out for a test-n-tune or race. You will have perma-grin for a few days...:D Have fun!!

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
Ahhh,

Last I knew, you were running a box, Jetta-Girl. What kind of times/traps are you making with software?

Scott

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Yeah, I'm shaking things up a bit this year...
We are still working out some bugs, I had a lot of modifications done to my car, and felt that a custom tune would be a better fit for all the new parts.
I still don't have good data yet, my last race was the first with the Aligator tune, and it was tuned for a 3bar MAP. Which is what I should have. But, I still had the 2.5bar MAP in at the time. You should have seen the smoke/soot I was laying down. LOL :D My times were consistant with the times I got with a stock turbo, stock injectors, stock exhaust, and tuning boxes.

I'll have some better data to share in a few weeks.:D

Looks like you guys had a fun time... I'm jealous of the 14.7 second run, I hope to be right around there, if it's possible. :)

D_Bill

Veteran Member
TDI
old_v1 - 01 jetta / old_v2 02 golf / new 13 jsw-6sp
Stock ET's

jetta-girl said:
I race my car with Aligator tuning. You won't be disappointed with it!!
http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/StoreFront

They will take good care of you!

17.90? Yeah, 15's are within reach. My car was running 19.5's when it was stock. LOL

Give the guys at Kerma a call, then go back out for a test-n-tune or race. You will have perma-grin for a few days...:D Have fun!!
Ok I feel a bit better now about my bone stock 19.6 and 19.2 .

More to come . . .