TDI CUA 240HP to 420HP attempt

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Good to hear that it uses better cams (and maybe better head also).

Sea level, 2.5bar (PR 3.5 compressor map), 45lbs, 75% efficiency, 180-185krpm, just edge of compressor map. 2.5bar is not enough for that power / flow.

First look that compressor map PR4 level (ideally 3bar boost at sea level)

Then think / calculate that situation when ambient pressure is 800mbar...
It uses 1mm more lift at the cam, and slightly stiffer valve springs. The head is factory gas flowed....so yes, it breathes better.

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
2.0 TDI CR SWAP ALWAYS FOR SALE
The porting on that head is completely crazy from factory! This is why I didn't bother with the CJAA if I can make 320-350 HP out of a bone stock engine with just a turbo.... I'll be super happy ;-)

mickyTDI

Veteran Member
Nice project, following this!

I have a Passat with this engine remaped by DVX Performance in Belgium.

295hp 613Nm It drives just fantastic!!

Well hello there! I have the same car remapped, it's a beauty to drive :D I don't even miss my 300bhp 2.0 TFSI:eek:

It had a strange hic up today though, i was just cruising along slowly and it went into limp mode with a EPC light. VCDS reported too high fuel pressure, odd :confused: It has been ok since though.

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
hey man, curves are looking good! do you know how much boost is applied to the stage 1 tune? i see that stock use 3.8bar absolute. i think this is great amount but was just curious if you added 0.1 0.2 or what? from stock... also I have increased power band to 5200RPM to get better gear overlap now the car really moves with no hollow power band from 3800 rpm tp 5200 rpm. AWESOME POWER!

I'm currently driving the ca with 3.9bars absolute its a rocket!!!

Thank you!

This is how power figures look stock vs very good tuned.

Last edited:

raymor

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A2, 2.0 VW Crafter
Really cool seeing the CUA motor going into something other than a standard car. There seems to be a few CUA's on the used market now in Europe. Is the CUA to Boxster transaxle via a bellhousing adapter or a matching of VAG patterns? Thanks

Last edited:

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Well hello there! I have the same car remapped, it's a beauty to drive :D I don't even miss my 300bhp 2.0 TFSI:eek:

It had a strange hic up today though, i was just cruising along slowly and it went into limp mode with a EPC light. VCDS reported too high fuel pressure, odd :confused: It has been ok since though.

Can you get some vcds logs of your boost and fuel demands? :cool:

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Can you get some vcds logs of your boost and fuel demands? :cool:
I have the stage 1 logs from a tuner in Europe. 303 HP and 600NM... They are incredible numbers right from 1600 rpm all the way to 4800rpm.

I have made both the Boxeer race ECU match the stage1 numbers as a base map.

Greg

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Well we do I have 5x of them here with option OEM ECU cracked for standalone use stage 1 or with race ECU for the crazy guys that like to push limit :)

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Very impressive Greg! I can't imagine the rush it must have been piloting that up the mountain. 11:25 is an extremely respectable time for a 2L diesel powered car.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Great job! Need to squeeze more power out of the 2.0. So far you are not pushing it.
This should get into the 400 easy.

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Hello thanks for support! Race Was fun until lost the brakes for 45seconds!

Anyway, I'm looking to upsize the GT2052 turbo I'm using right now as High pressure. Looking for a 40mm non wastegated ( I use external wastegate) racing turbo. Any leads?

Thank you!

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
my td04hl-19t-5cm survived the HP wastegate line falling off
the intake manifold did not, 1/8" aluminum sheet looks like a balloon
iirc that's a 46/58 compressor so a bit bigger, and ancient dinosaur wheel geometry so maybe not so interesting

Paladin

TDI
2lt Bi-TDI
Hello thanks for support! Race Was fun until lost the brakes for 45seconds!

Anyway, I'm looking to upsize the GT2052 turbo I'm using right now as High pressure. Looking for a 40mm non wastegated ( I use external wastegate) racing turbo. Any leads?

Thank you!
hey buddy! great job all around!! sorry for resurecting this thread but I am facing the same dilleima right now and wanted your opinion from your experience with the motor. I got a tiguan that has the 2lt bi turbo-tdi engine and I am looking to hit with the least possible intervention (i.e. closed block and no internal work) the 350-400 bhp mark.

1. can you retain the twin-turbo setup or you need to go to a single turbo?
2. if you go to the single turbo what would be your choice of TC now that you ve done some experimenting with a general decent driveability in mind?
3. what size dp are you using and what kind of intake?

any information on the motor would be greatly appreciated!

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Thank you for your msg. In a factory car I wouldn't mess with anything but a tune. Find a tune that support a DP and leave it alone! My other recommendation would be to move to a V8 TDI that you have the luck to have in Europe ✌

darthyota

TDI
none
Yo!!!! I just destroyed the diesel record at pikes peak by 1 minute!! Did you see the onboard?

Yeah I have a few engines they go for high though. They are race engines 440hp ready. I cN do 5k a piece
No i didnt see. What makes them race motors? No stockish versions kicking about? 🤔

mickyTDI

Veteran Member
They seem to be holding up for longevity too despite high bhp for a 2.0 diesel.. My 2017 Passat came with that engine. I remapped it when it only had 500 miles on the clock. Running approx 290bhp. It now has 180,000 miles. Only issue i had with the engine was a intermittent fuel rail pressure too high limp mode. I replaced the fuel metering valve on the pump and it cured it.