TDI Conversion forum request

Beta

Veteran Member
TDI
87 syncro westy alh
To whom it may concern-
Would it be possible to change the v6 4motion passat forum to a general tdi conversion page? While plenty of conversion forums already exist, tdiclub is by far the best forum medium with the largest subscriber base in the world. Hundred of people internationally have installed tdi engines in all types of vw's and other makes. Much of the knowledge required to perform a conversion would be of great benefit to tdiclub. Installers have intimate knowledge of every mechanical and electrical component of the tdi engine. They are usually very experienced and knowledgeable mechanics. Likewise, the vast knowledge here would be of great benefit to people attempting such a conversion. While presently there may be only a dozen or so tdiclub members who have attempted a conversion, I believe that many new members would be attracted to the depth of knowledge here if they had a specific forum to relate to. Thank you for your consideration.

Barton

drg_

TDI
2003 Passat 5spd wagon
"To whom it may concern-
Would it be possible to change the v6 4motion passat forum to a general tdi conversion page?..."
EXCELLENT IDEA! I have read all about that conversion and I love the idea, the guts, determination, trouble shooting, and hard work involved in making one's "dream car." I am currently trying to do just that with my 2003 5spd Passat(yes, it's a gas-1.8L). I have bought a 1.9L and want to convert the Passat to TDI. But, it has been a pain and I have received VERY few responses and little help when I post questions and requests for info or help in the other sections. Maybe a conversion section would be the answer. BTW, the other conversion that I want to do is here
http://www.acmeadapters.com/index.php

"Does anybody look at suggestions?"
We can always hope...

evankanga

TDI
2001 ALH in syncro van, 2005 passat tdi sedan and wagon
TDi club is a great site, and full of so much of the more technical aspecs of the TDi engines. when converting a syncro vanagon to ALH powerr....plus some, there were maybe four main sites i had to use, and it was sort of awkward keeping up with postings and filing of the info. having a larger percentage of the forum info and discussion in one place would allow for.....more time on TDI CLUB!.

benefits would be more accassability of experimental results, networking of a larger populace, and increased parts suppliers.

i'm all for it.
--evan 86 van syncro TDi

pacific

TDI
2010 Touareg
I would benefit from this too as I am trying to research swapping a TDI into my "new" 85 vanagon and am finding the pickings slim and disjointed.

MTjake

Veteran Member
TDI
Good idea. For instance, DocSoot is having problems with his AHU equipped '82 Vanagon, and the most appropriate place for the post is currently in A3/B4 general discussion. I'm sure he'd find more help in a conversion forum. Can anybody help DocSoot over there in A3/B4?

Beta

Veteran Member
TDI
87 syncro westy alh
Sorry one more thing, it seems nobody can submit a new post to the conversion forum, maybe this could be fixed? Thanks in advance.