TDI Claims Portal

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
You are correct, they are wrong.
Funguy did not mention the 1,042 miles allowed each month without penalty in this original post questioning this. I did err in not mentioning this fact but everything I wrote is still true - you will be deducted for going over 1,042 miles per month if doing the buyback and wanting the MAXIMUM buyback amount.

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
I opted for the fix and I have my "Approved Emissions Modification" offer in hand.

It clearly states that "continuing to drive your car an average of 12,000 miles per year (around 1000 miles per month) or fewer will not reduce your compensation under the Class Action Settlement. Driving your car more then an average of 12,000 miles per year might reduce your compensation."

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I turned in the Passat earlier today. I arrived an hour early and the lady was ready for me. She was standing around talking to the salesmen. She forgot her password for the system so I had to wait a while. She input the information and I received an email while I was sitting in her office. She input the mileage incorrectly and I even showed it to her, but she wouldn't admit it. She told me that it didn't matter because I'd still get the same amount back.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Received my offers on the Passat and Jetta today. I've loaded the documents back to the portal. What has been the typical timeframe to be able to schedule the buyback appointment?

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
No such thing as typical.
Mine took 6 hours (cars fully paid off, title in my possession)
Others have waited 3-4 weeks.
WHY? "Third-party delays" says VWoA. Banks, finance companies, even VWoA's own financing party.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Also just got my offer approved
Doc approved 10/18
Offer letter received and notarized 12/3
Offer approved 12/6 and scheduled for 12/30
God this is worse than going thru a divorce but it's almost over

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
Funguy did not mention the 1,042 miles allowed each month without penalty in this original post questioning this. I did err in not mentioning this fact but everything I wrote is still true - you will be deducted for going over 1,042 miles per month if doing the buyback and wanting the MAXIMUM buyback amount.
OK no worries and thanks everyone. I am very appreciative of you taking the time to answer my questions. So this verifies what I thought. Seems strange then not to keep the car if you drive within the alloted mileage.

I was going to keep my Passat and give the Sportwagen back but the Passat is driving me crazy with the check engine light (three times today) and the POBD code. I really REALLY like the car but I'm using the scangauge II to turn the MIL light off all the time. I think I may let both cars go in 2018.

Last edited:

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
OK no worries and thanks everyone. I am very appreciative of you taking the time to answer my questions. So this verifies what I thought. Seems strange then not to keep the car if you drive within the alloted mileage.

I was going to keep my Passat and give the Sportwagen back but the Passat is driving me crazy with the check engine light (three times today) and the POBD code. I really REALLY like the car but I'm using the scangauge II to turn the MIL light off all the time. I think I may let both cars go in 2018.
I feel your frustration Funguy. We were all set to keep the Passat until "other quality issues" started cropping up. Basically, anything that has been mentioned going wrong (clock spring, AdBlue heater) has gone wrong, so I'm not optimistic that we're going to dodge any of the other known issues. Add to that a suspect Takata driver's side airbag (with no timeline for replacement) and we're ready to cut our losses before something really expensive breaks.

Fizzyone

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Received my offers on the Passat and Jetta today. I've loaded the documents back to the portal. What has been the typical timeframe to be able to schedule the buyback appointment?
I uploaded my offer on Monday afternoon and got my appointment email today. My loan is thru VW Credit. Now, if only I can get through the screens on the portal. It's taking a long time.

GoThingNC

TDI
2011 JSW-Toffee Brown
Doc approved 10/18
But you don't have to pay $250K for a lawyer...

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
I feel your frustration Funguy. We were all set to keep the Passat until "other quality issues" started cropping up. Basically, anything that has been mentioned going wrong (clock spring, AdBlue heater) has gone wrong, so I'm not optimistic that we're going to dodge any of the other known issues. Add to that a suspect Takata driver's side airbag (with no timeline for replacement) and we're ready to cut our losses before something really expensive breaks.
And there is no other car that checks all the boxes that this one does! Right size, mpg, ok power, range, comfort...... Right now I am considering a Chevy Bolt in the future for the Sportwagen and hoping that Mazda comes through with a long range diesel for the Passat in 2018. Ask me tomorrow and it might be different.

I only have the one problem with the 15 Passat but even Volkswagen has come right out and said they do not know how to fix it. Maybe the emissions fix will fix it!?

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Well, it took about 24 hours after I uploaded the documents to be able to schedule the appointments. One last frustration: I searched every dealer within 50 miles of me and could not get an appointment any earlier than Dec 29. Have to do one car 25 miles away on the 29th, and the other car 40 miles in the opposite direction on the 30th. Any dealer closer to me was booked until after Jan 3 or later. Just want this over with. At least they'll be gone before I have to renew my insurance.

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
Well, it took about 24 hours after I uploaded the documents to be able to schedule the appointments. One last frustration: I searched every dealer within 50 miles of me and could not get an appointment any earlier than Dec 29. Have to do one car 25 miles away on the 29th, and the other car 40 miles in the opposite direction on the 30th. Any dealer closer to me was booked until after Jan 3 or later. Just want this over with. At least they'll be gone before I have to renew my insurance.
That is what I thought, had a turn in day for today. Their systems were down, did not happen, 2nd try 12-27 :mad:

LimonPani

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDi SE DSG
Anyone see the COO email stated by someone earlier, I can't seem to track it.

av8or

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG Candy White/Cornsilk
After accepting the offer and getting to the "appointment" stage..... is there any parameters on how far out you can request? I have my offer acceptance paperwork in hand. Would like to scan/e-mail the notarized documents back to VWoA, then ask for an appointment in April..

LimonPani

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDi SE DSG
Doc approved 10/18

Divorce is worse!

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
I just dialed the 844 number for the first time this morning to check my status and confirm which option we chose. When I was logged in before 9, my status was documents received. When I logged back in at 9:03 to get my claim number, my offer was sitting there, waiting for me. I haven't read the details yet, but I must have changed from "fix" to "return", because that is what the numbers reflect. We're car shopping tomorrow, so we can get the required documents notarized while we're out.

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
I just dialed the 844 number for the first time this morning to check my status and confirm which option we chose. When I was logged in before 9, my status was documents received. When I logged back in at 9:03 to get my claim number, my offer was sitting there, waiting for me. I haven't read the details yet, but I must have changed from "fix" to "return", because that is what the numbers reflect. We're car shopping tomorrow, so we can get the required documents notarized while we're out.
I am also in CT. Was your car financed with VW or paid for? Thanks.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
I am also in CT. Was your car financed with VW or paid for? Thanks.
Financed through VW Credit. I used to work at my local dealer so I'm reaching out to see if they've done any of these returns yet, and if they have any idea what the time table is.

Byrontxr

TDI
Jetta Sportwagon
We received an offer yesterday. And having the document notarized and organizing it to send it back we accidentally omitted a page not the signature page. The person we called to try to rectify this informed us that we could not electronically upload the document and that now it had to be mailed in. We asked about the possible delay and was told that this could extend the 90-day potential time to getting an appointment for return to 180 days. Apparently it is impossible to just upload the document again. What an absolute cluster! Please make sure that you got up your packet multiple times before sending it in otherwise Das Auto will find a way to make sure you don't live long enough to complete this process.

razorrod

TDI
Passat SEL
Question,
If the owner has outstanding balance on loan, do they pay off automatically or do they give a check and owner will send payment to loaner?

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
After trying and failing with the help line ans trying the chat several times I finally got through on chat.
Basically you will wait until they are damned good and ready

n1acguy

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat TDI DSG SE/Sunroof
First my claim package got rejected because the claim # wasn't on each and every page, so I re-uploaded the package again.
Now it's rejected for unspecified reasons. After several tries I got a claims rep that couldn't see any reason for the rejection.
My guess is that they don't have claim reps able to handle buy backs in this area yet and they're buying time.
Sure seems like a run around to me.

raff

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen (gone)
We received an offer yesterday. And having the document notarized and organizing it to send it back we accidentally omitted a page not the signature page. The person we called to try to rectify this informed us that we could not electronically upload the document and that now it had to be mailed in. We asked about the possible delay and was told that this could extend the 90-day potential time to getting an appointment for return to 180 days. Apparently it is impossible to just upload the document again. What an absolute cluster! Please make sure that you got up your packet multiple times before sending it in otherwise Das Auto will find a way to make sure you don't live long enough to complete this process.
That's odd --
my timeline was
11/16 - upload notarized documents
11/21 - uploaded again since I didn't include all 7 pages (had just uploaded the signed ones)
11/28 - uploaded documents once again - (the 11/21 upload never went through due to internet problems on my end)
12/5 - appointment package appeared on claim site and set appt for first available on 12/22
Other than my error in not uploading ALL pages and a computer glitch on my end, the process for me has gone as smoothly as expected considering the large volume.

Byrontxr

TDI
Jetta Sportwagon
When we attempted to reload the documents we found that the upload button was locked. We called in and the first person basically told this tough luck you'll have to mail it in now. She refused to even look up the control number to see what it looks like on their end. We called back and got a more cooperative person. He looked it up and said yes it would be rejected because it lacked the necessary page. He gave us the choice of either mailing it in or waiting 48 hours to see if their IT Department could clear the page and allow us to upload again.

Passat15

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE - Sold to VW
Finally got my offer. It was a few hundred less than the estimate. Since I am financed , they offered electronic funds transfer or to receive a check. They said I would get in faster if I chose electronic. Uploaded notorized form, waiting now for confirmation to schedule.

Last edited:

opelgt21

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI - BB
FYI
Once you pick an appointment time, there is no way to reschedule it without moving the appointment out 3 weeks.

#Worldsworstwebsite
#VWDOESNTCARE
#LEAVINGVW

Ron 33

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2K Jetta GLS Atlantic Blue, Manual
no help

Has any one been able to schedule an appointment to turn in vehicle
since Dec 6 ?

I Keep getting an error message.

Error on our end please call 84498claim........no help.