TDI Claims Portal

LimonPani

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDi SE DSG
My portal status has been saying this for two weeks:

"We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days."

So I will continue to wait.

galoot

TDI
'13 Passat TDI
My portal status has been saying this for two weeks:
"We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days."
So I will continue to wait.

Mine as well. Like that for weeks

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
atc98002: Have you phoned 844 982 5246? I've found the staff working the phones to be very responsive, (wait time on hold was very brief every time) at least when I had initial questions about the process. Maybe they can find out what's holding up your approval.
I called once, but it was after office hours. I just tried again, but she couldn't tell me much. The only info that she did offer was that they had 20 business days from Nov 1 to get back to me, so she is confident I'll hear something before the end of the month.

Deezil_n_Dachs

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
We recieved our offer on Saturday, then submitted the signed and notorized documents on Monday. Got notice back the next day that everything was in order with instructions on how to schedule our appointment. We're going in on Dec 3rd. Our preferred dealer didnt have any openings until Dec 28th, but luckily another local dealer wasn't as booked up. I'm ready to be done with everything. The process has been steady, but the folks in the other end of the phone have been essentially no help at all whenever we've called. Hang in there, it's gonna get done!

forkliter

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Both my cars received same-day approval of the final documents, finally uploaded mileage for the JSW last evening, VWoA responded immediately, asking me to make/confirm an appointment for the buyback...Dec. 14 for both cars.

atc98002: Have you phoned 844 982 5246? I've found the staff working the phones to be very responsive, (wait time on hold was very brief every time) at least when I had initial questions about the process. Maybe they can find out what's holding up your approval.
I called yesterday. I have a leased car (turned in now) and submitted paperwork on the first day you could. The worst call ever. Endless questions about my name, VIN, address, e-mail, etc. IT'S ALL IN YOUR SYSTEM ALREADY DUMMY! Then they just tell me to keep waiting. How profound. The recent VW layoff announcement is only the beginning I imagine. So clumsy.

Perhaps the hold up for me is that I leased my car. Not sure about others here.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
^^^You might be right the the leased cars somehow have a more complex process.

I own both my cars, so the buyback should be simple...no loans/contracts to re-negotiate.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
My documents were approved at the beginning of last week - Nary a word from VW in email, claims portal, or snail mail.
To clarify, we were informed that Monday that we would receive our final offer in "10 business days", which is effectively two weeks.

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
To clarify, we were informed that Monday that we would receive our final offer in "10 business days", which is effectively two weeks.
Mine were approved 31 Oct, so it's been 3weeks for me and not a word or email....:mad:

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Mine were approved 31 Oct, so it's been 3weeks for me and not a word or email....:mad:
Hmm... Our car is running fine, all things considered. Other than my impatience and wanting to move on, I'm not too concerned. The values are locked in. My bigger concerns are not wanting to swap the winter wheels and tires on only to swap them back (I hope to use the tires at least on the next car) and the general idea of VW running out of money to do this.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Where did THAT thought come from?:confused:
I have no information to this effect, but between the buybacks and the class action lawsuits and the penalties, VAG is putting out a metric ton of money, just here in the States. How deep are their pockets, and how much is a market where they are - an for the foreseeable future will be - a bit player really worth to them?

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How deep? Very.
However, chatter like this (your thinking out loud) is exactly why the internet is dangerous...IMHO, of course.

eats1963

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Still waiting for my final offer/paperwork. I should have received it on 11/11, but when I called VW they told me that even though VW approved it, they need a 3rd party to also review/approve the offer. I should hopefully receive my final offer by the end of this week. Hopefully I can turn it in before my next car payment is due on 12/15. They also limited me to 75,000 max and I'm currently sitting at 73,500 which means I've been having to drive my van to work every day for the past 3 weeks. It's a 168 mile round trip to work and back. This really sucks. I hope this ends soon so I can get a more fuel efficient replacement vehicle.

Last edited:

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
As a single data point: When all of my docs were approved, and I was asked to schedule an appointment for the official "buyback", my region's dealerships (DFW) were booking about one month out. I assume scheduling depends on several variables...YMMV!

maniago

TDI
'13 Passat TDI 1/2SE-1/2SEL DSG
Got my offer letter today. I vaguely remember a calculator that took into account mileage that someone posted here on the forum. I just turned 90k today, so curious just how much mileage penalty I'm looking at.....anyone know where that link is?

-----------------

Ok, never mind, I found this one. https://agrahamg.github.io/VWBuybackCalculator/

Interesting this calculator asks about sunroof and nav sys, which I get extra credit for. My letter doesnt indicate that. Anyone know whats up with that?

Last edited:

Passat15

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE - Sold to VW
Still waiting for my final offer/paperwork. I should have received it on 11/11, but when I called VW they told me that even though VW approved it, they need a 3rd party to also review/approve the offer. I should hopefully receive my final offer by the end of this week. Hopefully I can turn it in before my next car payment is due on 12/15. They also limited me to 75,000 max and I'm currently sitting at 73,500 which means I've been having to drive my van to work every day for the past 3 weeks. It's a 168 mile round trip to work and back. This really sucks. I hope this ends soon so I can get a more fuel efficient replacement vehicle.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. approved on 11/1, Still nothing in email or snail mail. I called VW today, and just got the standard verbage about 3rd party involvement and they do not know when I should receive my offer. It could "be tomorrow or even next week" they said. They limited me to 50K before giving me less of an offer, I have 49,500 on it now.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
We went over the mileage by 516 miles and the buyback offer went down over $700. Luckily they didn't buy it back in November and we'll get another 1042 miles for December. We parked it and purchased another vehicle. My appointment is Dec 6th.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Still wondering if the "3rd party involvement" delay is a legitimate complaint by VWoA, if the "3rd party" isn't turning around the necessary documents in a timely manner.

Are there any members here experiencing delays who actually own their cars, and were therefore able to email copies of registration and title? My timeline was very fast, even though I didn't fully register until well into October.

Last edited:

Palouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE/sunroof, DSG
Still wondering if the "3rd party involvement" delay is a legitimate complaint by VWoA, if the "3rd party" isn't turning around the necessary documents in a timely manner.

Are there any members here experiencing delays who actually own their cars, and were therefore able to email copies of registration and title? My timeline was very fast, even though I didn't fully register until well into October.
I started the process on July 26, and had to submit the documents twice (wife's name and mine were in the wrong order :rolleyes: ) and the second submission was accepted, and I am now waiting for the final OK, or whatever it is they call it. I am in the 95000-100000 category, and have enough miles left for about 3 weeks :eek:, but if they grant us 1042 more for each extra month we may live.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
I'm getting annoyed with the process. My documents were accepted in early October, and I still don't have my final offer. I'm getting stuck with making payments that I expected to be out of by now. I've parked the Passat, and the Jetta is rarely driven, so I'm not concerned the mileage. I just want the process to be finished. I've called their support line, but other than confirming I submitted my paperwork quite early in the process, they can't tell me anything about my status and when to expect something. "Soon" is the best they can do?

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
I'm getting annoyed with the process. My documents were accepted in early October, and I still don't have my final offer. I'm getting stuck with making payments that I expected to be out of by now. I've parked the Passat, and the Jetta is rarely driven, so I'm not concerned the mileage. I just want the process to be finished. I've called their support line, but other than confirming I submitted my paperwork quite early in the process, they can't tell me anything about my status and when to expect something. "Soon" is the best they can do?
Same here. I'm now past my "10 business day" guarantee and still no response. I'm beyond aggravated with the process. Mine has been parked since April. Want this over with now.

Byrontxr

TDI
Jetta Sportwagon
Best of luck to all of us on that one. If you look at the Federal Trade Commission website, and I suggest everyone take a look at it, what you will find is the FTC, our beloved watchdog, simply telling the dozens of persons who have posted complaining about the delays to file complaints on their automated website. This does nothing, it is just like the federal "do not call" list they maintain where transgressors are rarely punished, only a handful year. The FTC is charged with monitoring the process, so we are all up river. VW has even taken off the 10-day promise from their website. I suspect the soonest anyone will see a check is going to be January or February. A few persons who registered immediately are claiming that their proposed settlements do not include the bonus amounts for options such as moonroof and navigation systems. It is a complete cluster considering that we are still paying for insurance, maintenance, inspection, and risking a significant loss if the vehicle is involved in an accident. I am amazed that VW was allowed to dictate that the vehicles have to be in running condition, insured, inspected, and to specify how many miles could be driven. The federal judge who approved this was either senile or incompetent. The largest fraud in Automotive history, and in exchange for a quick settlement the fox was put in charge of the hen house. The class action attorneys are nowhere to be seen having taken their 135 million dollars. That's about $300 for everyone of the TDI owners affected.. I am due to receive an offer letter by the 7th of December. If I do not,
I will be filling out the FTC complaint and filing a Freedom of Information Act request to compel the FTC to share information regarding how many requests have been filed for BuyBacks, the number that VW has processed and at what stage they are at. Apparently VW has enough spare time to design a whole line of electric cars and promote them instead of paying on their fraud . As a government employee I can tell you that these FOI requests are a pain, but must be responded to under federal law.

Den

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Baltic Green & 2015 Passat SE TDI 6 spd. auto.
Settlement process

FAXED ALL MY DOCUMENTATIONS IN TWO MONTHS AGO, NO RESPONSE. I REALIZE THEY HAVE MUCH TO DO BUT WONDER IF THEY HAVE STAFFED ENOUGH. THE PROCESS SEEMS QUITE SLOW AND NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW ANYTHING. YOU CALL THE HOT LINE AND IT'S A 2.5 TO 4.5 HOUR WAIT THEN WHEN YOU GET A LIVE PERSON THEY CANNOT TELL YOU ANYTHING , THEY SEEM TO NOT KNOW WHAT THE OTHER HAND IS DOING. :eek: I HAVE FAXED MY INFO IN TWICE STILL NO RESPONSE AND THEY CANNOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS. :eek:
THE DEALERS ARE EATHER PLAYING DUMB OR HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD ANYTHING. THE WHOLE PROCESS SEEMS SCREWED UP.
THE DIESEL EMISSION SETTLEMENT FOLDER THEY SEND GIVES ME WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL PAY ME, WHAT ABOUT LOW MILES, ALL THE EXTRAS I PUT ON THE CAR? I THINK THAT THIS BEING MY 6 TH. VW IT MAY WELL BE MY LAST IF THEY ARE GOING TO SCREW ME. SO MUCH FOR BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER. SO WE WAIT, NOT HAPPY BUT WE WAIT. :mad: