TDI Claims Portal

dbias

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE w sunroof buyback 3/18/17
holy crap, how many TDI owners only drive 1k miles a month. Geeze
Well my wife drives about 2700 a month. I bought a diesel because we drive alot and will continue to do so. Being a 2015 with 53k miles if we take the fix that's not a bad deal with warranty extension.

Palouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE/sunroof, DSG
I got an email response on Thursday from the portal informing me of an error in my application. I logged on and it told me where to click and what to do to fix my issue.
Unfortunately, none of the buttons the email referred to existed on the site:(
So I called the number, and after an hour and 43 minute hold, I talked with a polite and pleasant agent and explained my predicament.
No help. He couldn't help, he couldn't offer a solution for my problem other than "I'll send an email to IT."
My problem, I put my name as both owner and co-owner, rather than my wife's as one. He couldn't or wouldn't fix it, even though he had all the material in front of him.
I'll try again on Monday.
:eek::cool::mad::confused:

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
oh no. I did the same thing- left the co-owner blank and caught my error when scanning in the reg - the site wouldn't let me go back a page so I submitted a pict of both our licenses. :rolleyes:

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
no wonder my insurance company called concerned I overpay as I have all 4 of my cars down for a average of 20k per year each, I told them that I indeed do drive them all that much plus my street bike that's also ridden a few thousand every summer who is threw another insurance company. Wife drives 120 miles day every day of the week and I drive about 100 6 days a week. My coworkers added up how much time of my life I waste but 10 private acors is rough to give up.

Last edited:

CNYTDi

TDI
2013 Passat TDi SEL
I signed up in early Aug. Got the printout or made a copy of things then. Haven't heard much since. Did say then that the buyback or end date was Nov 1. Mileage to be 85,000. Well we will be over the mileage number by then. Should I go back to the VW Claim site and see what's up? Haven't sent any copies of reg, title, ins to VW. VW does know the credit Union name, but don't recall giving them then the account/loan info numbers.

Was at VW dealer last week to put a deposit on a '17 Passat and gave them a copy of reg and ins card, but that's been the extent of that.

Suggestions?

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I just received 2 of these emails from VWoA, one for each car:

"We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number xxxxxxxxxx. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program."

Interesting, as I only completed the final 3 steps (13, 14, 15, I think?), submitting photocopies of documents, about 2 weeks ago.

It appears to me that things are moving right along...for me, at least.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
I just received 2 of these emails from VWoA, one for each car:

"We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number xxxxxxxxxx. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program."

Interesting, as I only completed the final 3 steps (13, 14, 15, I think?), submitting photocopies of documents, about 2 weeks ago.

It appears to me that things are moving right along...for me, at least.
I'm watching my Inbox this week. I submitted our documentation a couple weeks ago as well at this point.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'd recommend checking the vwsettlement website, as well. Based on reading here, it seems VAG, managing all 460k+ of these cars, isn't perfect. We're not all getting identical updates.

vintovka

Banned
TDI
NO MORE VW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
got my submision gocument approval just now :

"We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number xxxxxxxx Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program."

Nice. Should have been an apology and an electronic funds transfer receip for $50K

Please add VW to the list of "dead name brands" like MAYTAG, ENRON et al/

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
off topic, but fwiw, my coworker shelled out $71,000 bucks for a new loaded cummins diesel (notice I call it a cummins and not a Dodge) 4 recalls, check engine light still coming on weekly and water pouring out of the A pillar due to a cracked sunroof drain- they fixed the drain but we are almost positive that the check engine light is due to all the water behind the dash as the codes I pulled were all srs and electrical controller related- Just seventy thousand bucks :eek:

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Nice. Should have been an apology and an electronic funds transfer receip for $50K

Please add VW to the list of "dead name brands" like MAYTAG, ENRON et al/
Seriously?! yes i'm sure the 14 billion settlement will kill the market cap 65 billion dollar Germany backed car company....

Beetle Bill

TDI
05.5 Jetta, 2012 Passat Sel Premium
Hallmark VW in Nashville is hiring a full time person to handle all the details, will be driving our 2012 SEL until a nice VW loyalty program comes out. Maybe a Crossblue, it will be a gasser, I hate to say.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hallmark VW in Nashville is hiring a full time person to handle all the details, will be driving our 2012 SEL until a nice VW loyalty program comes out. Maybe a Crossblue, it will be a gasser, I hate to say.
VAG is hiring 900 new employees to be distributed across the country to handle the buyback. Hopefully they'll all be well trained!

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
so is the TDI sales freeze off? I would like to pick up one of those 15's that they carted away

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
They didn't cart them away. They will lease them for one year through vci with a buyout predicated on the final mechanical update. before they can go on road, the software will be installed.

50pascals

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 A6 3.0 TDI Prestige, prior was a 2013 TDI Passat SEL Plus
so is the TDI sales freeze off? I would like to pick up one of those 15's that they carted away
I inquired about this at the dealer before buying a replacement car for my 2013 Passat TDI. I was hoping to buy a NOS 2015 after some short delay of a few months or so.

Sales manager told me that the 2015 TDI needs new hardware, and that they are told the fix is at least 1 year away. They are being inventoried for now and will be upgraded and resold at a later date. Likely no earlier than late 2017

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Frankly, with my experience over the past 33 years driving VAG products, the thought of owning a VWoA product that has been sitting for over a year makes me nervous. Electrical switches build up corrosion (switches last longer if they're USED, not dormant).
Just my 2-cents.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Received notification yesterday that our documents were approved. Final approval of our claim and our final offer in 10 days. Off to shop next week.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Received notification yesterday that our documents were approved. Final approval of our claim and our final offer in 10 days. Off to shop next week.
My documents were approved at the beginning of last week - Nary a word from VW in email, claims portal, or snail mail.

Aja1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I received my claim acceptance letter. It must be signed and notarized. My pay back amount was several thousand dollars higher than the initial estimate, so that was nice.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Friday: Received email, with 7 page letter attached, for notarization/signing.
Monday: 11am: Submitted notarized/signed letter to VWoa at 11am
Monday (same day!) 5pm: Received approval of notarized/signed letter, requesting that I make an appt at dealership.
Appt. for NMS Passat buyback is Dec. 14.
JSW will take a little longer, need to get exact mileage from son at college (parked off campus)...

billy bee

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI undergoing manny swap
This is the email I got:
We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 123456789. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program.​
I see others have more information. Did you all get a similar email? Where did this email fall in the chain of events?
Thanks,
bb

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
This is the email I got:
We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 123456789. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program.​
I see others have more information. Did you all get a similar email? Where did this email fall in the chain of events?
Thanks,
bb
I have received this same email

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Yeah, I'm getting annoyed that I haven't heard anything further yet. I bought the Q5 in anticipation of the Passat and Jetta going back in early Nov. When you are buying used, you have to take what's available at the time. Now I'm stuck with two payments until they get things wrapped up.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Both my cars received same-day approval of the final documents, finally uploaded mileage for the JSW last evening, VWoA responded immediately, asking me to make/confirm an appointment for the buyback...Dec. 14 for both cars.

atc98002: Have you phoned 844 982 5246? I've found the staff working the phones to be very responsive, (wait time on hold was very brief every time) at least when I had initial questions about the process. Maybe they can find out what's holding up your approval.