TDI 2 year unlimited CPO Warranty

vindio

TDI
2011 JSW
My car is in the shop for the dreaded "Air conditioning delay" issue. The service guy already hinted at the fact that my 2011 TDI Jetta SW was only covered 2 years 24K miles. I'll be checking with VW in a minute, to confirm it's 2 years *unlimited* miles.

Does anybody have any experience with VW covering air conditioning repairs under the post-dieselgate TDI CPO warranty?

Thanks in advance!

v

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
You have 10 years from the in service date an a limited amount of miles under the basic CPO portion. I believe my 2011 has 94,000 mi/10 years (2/21). Its a $50 deductable each visit (not item), so get as many warrentied items covered as possible per visit. A crappy dealership will try to make it a non covered issue as the coverage then becomes customer pay @ $100+ per hr. They probably will initially get your approval for an hour diagnosis @ the going rate of $1×× an hour but they won't apply this if the issue is covered. I love my VWs but as a company they suck IMO . My Subaru is never a game of warrentie roulette. No nasty backup $ plan to preauthorize. If its not covered under warranty they tell you ahead of time or if it happens to be an unknown problem (not covered item) they at least confirm with free diag and an estimate. Counter intuitive to most VWs Good business practice.

The RCV is very common failure and covered if your under miles and 10 years with basic.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
There are various warranties that came (with my CPO) anyways. basic, emission related, clock spring, exhaust flap. All of which vary in miles/expiration

ebain21

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6M
My CPO was 2 years unlimited with the $50 deductible per visit. I'm still fighting an A/C issue where the dealer can't find a refrigerant leak and have had to have it recharged every spring that I've owned it. I got VWoA involved this year and no solution yet, but they told me to bring it back in the winter to look for leaks. So far they've been good to work with and the dealer has covered each visit as goodwill since the intial since they can't seem to find the issue.