Tandem Pump Re-Installation

Bedo

TDI
2.0 TDI Passat 2005
Hello,

I have taken the tandem pump off and placed new gaskets on the internal of it and also the metal gasket on the outside. I have re-installed it on the motor and it sits flush just like it did before. I did not prime the tandem pump (from reading other forums on here, there was different ways to do it). I did take out the glow plugs and gave it a quick start up and seen mist come out of the glow plug, thinking this would help get it started back up, but it has not. I have noticed that there is diesel sitting on the ground under my car now and not sure where it is coming from. I do not know if this was caused trying to start the car more than once and it flooded the car or something else. Seems that the pump is not pulling diesel in to ignite the motor. Any help would greatly be appreciated and if I need to explain farther to understand, please let me know. Also, the car was starting just fine before removing the tandem pump off and re-installation, was just trying to take care of the mixture of diesel and oil that was happening.

Car: 2005 VW Passat GLS TDI 2.0

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Bedo

TDI
2.0 TDI Passat 2005
Update: I have got the car running again, had to charge the battery to get the pump going again, but now I have a fuel leak. I will be investigating this issue here soon. Any help is still appreciated while I work my way through this issue.

Bedo

TDI
2.0 TDI Passat 2005
I haven't went under and looked for the exact spot yet, but it is dripping by the front passenger side tire, close to the control arms.