Taking Delivery of a Black/Black TDI SE/Nav

Ozzmosis86

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
In a few hours I am going to take delivery of a TDI SE w/ Sunroof and Nav. I am excited to check it out and see how it looks. I was lucky enough to find a dealer with one coming in that wasn't sold.

This will be my first diesel vehicle, however I have been doing diesel engine engineering development work for 8yrs and I am very familiar with diesel engines. I am looking forward to driving one daily now!!!

Andy

tryin

TDI
2012 Passat 6MT
Congrats! I am sure you will have a big grin on your face by the time you get home tonight! :D

Ozzmosis86

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Yup, got it home. Averaged 44mpg between the dealership and my house. Which is about a 45 mile trip and about 35 miles of that is interstate. I left cruise on 75mph. I am pretty happy with that. With the cruise set at 55mph, I was averaging around 55mpg. Can't complain about that in a full size car!!!

The nav worked well and I don't have any major complaints yet.

tryin

TDI
2012 Passat 6MT
Sounds great, we have been getting mainly 38-39 so far with the 6M, daily commute,rural driving. Wife is taking on 600 mile round trip this weekend so we will see what it is capable of.

Ozzmosis86

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
I intentionally kept my foot out of it while accelerating during that trip, so I am sure it helped. I will use it on a trip of about 700 miles or so over Thanksgiving, so I am anxious to see how it does.