Tail lights 2014 passat tdi

danpopa59

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Got a 2014 passat tdi and I intend to install european signal lights on it (yellow signal lights). Need help to get wire diagram for my car.

danpopa59

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Thanks much man. The story is a bit long. The lenses have a transparent sector on them but they are not used (dummy). No bulb , no wire. To do that you have to drill a hole on the back of lenses and install a bulb holder on it (plastic soldering) or spend $380 on ebay. After that you have to disconect input blinker from BCM and disconect the output front signal from same BCM and reroute new wire. Well is more that this but I will gather info and see what can I do about. Anyway thks.

danpopa59

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Thanks much man. The story is a bit long. The lenses have a transparent sector on them but they are not used (dummy). No bulb , no wire. To do that you have to drill a hole on the back of lenses and install a bulb holder on it (plastic soldering) or spend $380 on ebay. After that you have to disconect input blinker from BCM and disconect the output front signal from same BCM and reroute new wire. Well is more that this but I will gather info and see what can I do about. Anyway thks. Still got hard time getting 2014 Passat tdi electric diagram.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
A NMS Passat sold in north America is not what is sold in europe, completely different body shell/trunk lids, I'd be shocked rear tails from euroland would be direct drop in fitment for a NMS Passat.

If you go the route of drilling out a blank and installing a bulb, that is more doable and is a similar type of mod thats done on the Mk7 GSW rear tails.

There maybe BCM coding that can be done that avoids manual rewiring, again I used similar methods for getting amber turn signals on my MK7 GSW, not sure how much programing can be done on the NMS.

danpopa59

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Thanks. Is exactly what I intend to do. Drill and plastic weld a bulb socket on translucid part of lenses and install two led amber light. That is the easy part. BCM has to be reprogram cause one bulb now is doing three functions. Brake, signal and position lights. I need to cancel signal light function for the back and to get that signal from another pin (front signal light pin) and rewire (two wires left and right to the back). I had hard time geting wire diagram for my 2014 passat tdi. Any sugestion is welcome.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
To install the Chinese market rear LED lamps with amber turn signals using only OE equipment you have to install the Chinese market headlights too. For the NMS VW blocked being able to configure the lighting yourself, you can only pick from predefined configurations. Someone posted they had edited the memory in the BCM to make a custom configuration, but didn't share any details...

The outputs from the BCM now to the rear lights use the turn signal output. I recall figuring this out by comparing to the CC wiring diagrams. Your easy path might be to put in dummy resistors on the current brake light wires and use a trailer light controller to turn on the brake lights from the signal from the center stop lamp, and run wires to the back from the front turn signals.

Are you required to use lights that are ECE approved? If so putting amber LEDs or lamps or something into the US market lights won't work. You also can't turn the reverse lights into turn signals since they're inside, on the trunk lid...

I assume you saw this thread? https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/chinese-passat-led-tail-light-retrofit.352634/

-J