Suspension questions

TNTTDIJETTA

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Was wondering about brands of coil overs for street and some weekend autocross. Something to lower rose height but not necessarily a ton of adjustability as it’s a driver not a race car. Also something not super stiff. Thank you.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
The '11-13 Jetta TDIs are a bit of an anomaly. They have smaller diameter struts and the spring and damper options for the beam rear axle are very limited. Not sure you'll find any coilovers for that car. You could see if ones from an earlier VW (MKIV, perhaps) will fit, and order springs to get you the rate and ride height you want.

StevenT

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI Automatic, 2011 Jetta TDI 6 Spd. Manual. Malone Stage 2
Was wondering about brands of coil overs for street and some weekend autocross. Something to lower rose height but not necessarily a ton of adjustability as it’s a driver not a race car. Also something not super stiff. Thank you.
I'm going with Koni Special Actives. They don't fit the beam axle on our 2011s. There is a bushing kit available to make them fit. Which if your comfortable with that, then that opens up a lot of options.

chaoscreature

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Special Edition
I ran H&R Sports with Koni Sports on my Jetta. It was a great combination. It was a bit on the stiff side with the 18" wheels.

The Koni Sport rear shocks fit, but need an adapter bushing for the bottom bolt. I think I posted the adapter dimensions on this forum somewhere.
I still have the adapters in my garage somewhere... I think...

Also, for AX, change out the front control arm bushing, rear position. 034 Motorsports I think makes a really nice solid rubber bushing now. I think they market them for a MK7 GTI or Audi A3 but it's the same bushing. Also Audi RS3 bushings will work.