Survey on Dieselgate and TDIClub

Status
Not open for further replies.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Why save the ship? Management at VW is corrupt. They have ignored problems for years and claimed they did not exist.

Up against the wall with the VW top managers. Ready, Aim, Fire!
I don't want to go too far in this thread... But.....it would be bad if they went belly up. Bad for all VW owners and bad for those employed by VW. I just hope it doesn't come to that.

bmwednova

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
You mean 2015 and not 16 right? AFAIK 2016/GSW are being held at Port. Sure enough Horn is out. They have torpedoes coming from all directions.... Let's hope the ship stays afloat and this issue is fixable.
You're right, 2015, purchased in April 2015, dumped in February 2016. I'm done with VW forever and am spreading the "gospel" to all and sundry.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Why save the ship? Management at VW is corrupt. They have ignored problems for years and claimed they did not exist.

I'm sad I bought my new car 6-7 months ago ... when (if) I am ever out of it ... well ... I hope vw is down the tubes

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI

I take the "ship" to be VW...not their leadership. My $.02...their leadership needs a complete purge. It would be a shame if the company (thousands of employees) is impacted long term because of the poor judgment of a few executives. That's something that people need to keep in mind. Yeah...many of us are p1ssed off with VW, but there are a LOT of people that work there that have nothing to do with this mess.

That being said...I'm done with them (this is VW #4 for me). However, I do think that if they get fresh blood in there and improve their ethical standards, they should get a chance to appeal to other potential customers.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I agree with your comments, except that I would state it as being poed at the executives that allowed this to happen. I am not poed with VW (the car or company). I have customers that take the view that if one part of a large corporation made them mad, they should punish the whole corporation. Not a good attitude when the company I work for makes VWAG look like a mom and pop shop.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
I'm working on-site at Toyota's development facility in Ann Arbor right now, for the 2018 Avalon.

Automotive companies are HUGE. I do not expect that upper management at VW knew of the emissions deal. The powertrain group and their mid-level management knew. They sold it to their upper management how clean the vehicles were. Remember the dealers doing the handkerchief test on the tailpipes?

Living in Michigan, it was ridiculous when people called for Governor Snyder's head due to the Flint water crisis. Yeah, like he had anything to do with it, or had any knowledge. But people want vengeance. Not justice, but vengeance.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I'm working on-site at Toyota's development facility in Ann Arbor right now, for the 2018 Avalon.

Automotive companies are HUGE. I do not expect that upper management at VW knew of the emissions deal. The powertrain group and their mid-level management knew. They sold it to their upper management how clean the vehicles were. Remember the dealers doing the handkerchief test on the tailpipes?

Living in Michigan, it was ridiculous when people called for Governor Snyder's head due to the Flint water crisis. Yeah, like he had anything to do with it, or had any knowledge. But people want vengeance. Not justice, but vengeance.
In this case...I don't think the emissions issue is what has most people all riled up. It's VW leaderships attitude. If they had gotten out in front of the issue early on and been open/responsive, we wouldn't be here. I don't think that anyone benefits from the circus that's going on at the moment.

Sure...leadership might not have known about this from the outset, but they sure as hell knew about it months...if not a year or more...before this went public.

$h1t happens and people make mistakes. I'm all about giving people a second chance when they screw up, own up to what they did, and make an honest effort to move on. Other than Michael Horn's statement early on, there's been none of that. Most of their statements are half-a55ed apologies that are wrapped in a "we don't get what the big deal is" attitude.

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
In this case...I don't think the emissions issue is what has most people all riled up. It's VW leaderships attitude. If they had gotten out in front of the issue early on and been open/responsive, we wouldn't be here. I don't think that anyone benefits from the circus that's going on at the moment.

Sure...leadership might not have known about this from the outset, but they sure as hell knew about it months...if not a year or more...before this went public.

$h1t happens and people make mistakes. I'm all about giving people a second chance when they screw up, own up to what they did, and make an honest effort to move on. Other than Michael Horn's statement early on, there's been none of that. Most of their statements are half-a55ed apologies that are wrapped in a "we don't get what the big deal is" attitude.
I think what VW did was wrong on a grand scale, but I think that management was upfront once they knew.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Lock it or get it back on topic please.

For those who wish to babble/speculate/moan/etc about the diselgate issue, there is a dedicated thread for participation.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
If they wanted to keep it "on topic" to the survey, they would have locked the thread so that no one could respond. It's not like "Completed," "Done," "In," etc. contributes anything to the forum.
Sorry, I didn't realized that a thread had to be locked in order to stay on topic. Oversight corrected. ;)

Fred will post the survey results when he has compiled and analyzed them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.