Survey on Dieselgate and TDIClub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sctdi123

TDI
Mk6 golf
Enough with VW ... trying to sweep it under the rug ... from all sorts of emissions problems , diesel gate ... then the air bag situation that they would not admit until pushed to it ... ive owned 2 ... this is the last .

congrats VW ... hope you get this one back

B.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Could everyone please stop adding to this thread when you're only saying you've done the survey? Fred knows when a survey has been completed, and it adds nothing to the thread but length. Thanks!

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Could everyone please stop adding to this thread when you're only saying you've done the survey? Fred knows when a survey has been completed, and it adds nothing to the thread but length. Thanks!
We're adding those one-word comments to flag that we've posted on this thread, which reminds us that this was a thread we were interested in and will want to re-visit.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
You can also just subscribe to the thread without comenting.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
TDI club

I'll make my comments here.

That said, dieselgate certainly attracted a number of trolls... especially a few months ago. I took a vacation.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
You have to rank the choices 1 to 5. The question is a little unclear about this. You cannot mark 2 the same or the previous one goes blank (as you noticed). This confused me for a while too.

Have Fun!

Don
Thanks, got the survey done. Confused me at first since you cannot pick the same twice.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
Nice try, but the survey doesn't work for me. I gave up after getting an SSL error for the third time in a row answering question 8.

6DOF

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Jetta 6MT Premium, 2012 TDI Jetta DSG Premium
Completed the survey too. Hope it all ends well for us

BigAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
99 A3
I was talking to a lady who bought a TDI in July of 2015 outside our recycling depot here in Smithers. Almost a year later, you can take your finger and stroke the inside of the exhaust and you get NOTHING on your finger. NOTHING. No black, no grey. NADA. I told her if anyone ever gives you **** about your 'dirty' diesel, tell them you have a test. And you go first. They will end up with BLACK **** on their finger from whatever car they drive. That Golf = the tailpipe was wickedly clean. And I told her you don't need to make excuses. If they won't lick their black finger, tell them to F off and get a TDI.

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2000 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2011 JSW DSG(sold back to VW)
Nice survey. The part about attending TDIFest sadden me.. hopefully someday I'll get to attend one!

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
I once went from Wisconsin to Kauaii, surely you can come to WI. It's a paradise of a different kind, hey? :) Actually, I took pictures of a dairy farm on Kauaii. That was quite an ironic site....tropical cows.....

CrazyMonkey

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen TDI SE 6M
Done. I'd probably attend TDIFest if it were closer... but it would have to be REALLY close this year due to the cost of other trips that have been planned for quite a while.

bmwednova

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Submitted. I dumped by 2016 TDI Golf Sportwagen for a Subaru Outback. VW had no credibility. The firing of Michael Horn further reinforces my decision to bail from the plane before it crashed. VW obviously cannot fix any of the TDI models simply or without major performance problems or major re-engineering. The lying bastards in Germany perpetrated a fraud on their customers and dealers and can't or don't know how to fix the problem. VW will be as dead as Suzuki in the US market within 3 years. And they will have no one to blame but themselves.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Submitted. I dumped by 2016 TDI Golf Sportwagen for a Subaru Outback. VW had no credibility. The firing of Michael Horn further reinforces my decision to bail from the plane before it crashed. VW obviously cannot fix any of the TDI models simply or without major performance problems or major re-engineering. The lying bastards in Germany perpetrated a fraud on their customers and dealers and can't or don't know how to fix the problem. VW will be as dead as Suzuki in the US market within 3 years. And they will have no one to blame but themselves.
You mean 2015 and not 16 right? AFAIK 2016/GSW are being held at Port. Sure enough Horn is out. They have torpedoes coming from all directions.... Let's hope the ship stays afloat and this issue is fixable.

Smevans

TDI
'15 TDI| 78' Datsun 280Z (Sold)
Done. Love the site but I cannot wait to get rid of the car and never own a VW again.

Status
Not open for further replies.