Status
Not open for further replies.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Hi Everyone,

There has been lots of talk about the VW Dieselgate issue such as what should be done, what will happen, etc, but not too much on its effect on TDIClub so I have a survey I would encourage fellow members to fill out.

The objective of this survey is to get feedback on how TDIClub members feel about the VW Dieselgate issue and what effect (if any) this has had on their support of Diesels, VW and most importantly TDIClub. If you are not familiar with the issue here is the TDIClub thread of news releases and FAQ (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=448336) and here is the wiki summary of it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal.

I'm asking for your TDIClub username and email address, but this is just to help ensure no duplicates arise. I will cut this data out before analyzing the data.

Anyways, here is the survey and thanks for your feedback: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WWRP95L

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I too will be waiting to see the results. Fast first thought ~~ dieselgate hurt-harmed-sidetracked TDICLUB away from the primary mission.

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Submitted. Its interesting the questions you are seeking ti answer. I think I can understand the motivation. Hope the results help you

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Hi Everyone,

There has been lots of talk about the VW Dieselgate issue such as what should be done, what will happen, etc, but not too much on its effect on TDIClub so I have a survey I would encourage fellow members to fill out.
Anyways, here is the survey and thanks for your feedback: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WWRP95L
I think you made a typo on the survey:

Other non VW that is not a Common Rail diesel (commonly a non VW diesel newer than 2008)
Other non VW Common Rail diesel (commonly a non VW diesel older than 2008)

Shouldn't it say new than 2008 for the non VW CR, and older than 2008 for the non VW non CR?

One friendly suggestion - I don't think it was totally needed for this survey (but thought I'd put out the suggestion anyways), but I administered surveys while doing the research for my Master of Science. I asked a dummy question, what would say "For this question, choose Slightly Disagree." The point of that was to make sure people were answering truthfully and not just clicking all 1's (Strongly Agree) or all 5's (Strongly Disagree) because they were under some sort of duress. I actually ended up culling out a lot of results from doing that on one survey (somewhere around 230 responses in total, about 50-60 culled out). Again, just a friendly suggestion, not a criticism.

Last edited:

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Galactic Blue Jetta GLS
Done. Selection bias will probably be significant on this, I'm curious to see the slant.

Tapatalking in traffic

Molal

TDI
2015 Golf TDi SE
Completed. Thanks for reaching out to us! I am interested in seeing the long term viability of TDIClub continue and improve.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
One comment is that you're using checkboxes where radio buttons would make more sense, making multiple selections possible when they shouldn't be, in the section of questions about whether you're proud to own a VW, a diesel, and your opinion of VW, among others (I forget what all was in there even though I just took it).

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
A survey? How about opening the entire emissions section up for a multi topic discussion on the ramifications of what occurred and the future (or more correctly stated, the lack of future) of the tdi, because of what has occurred. Lets go one more step and push to support VW as this might be an important point to help what probably has been written off to having no more hope for the future than the fiero.

The fact that everything is so heavily censored does not help the site or the continued relevance of the tdi. This is a request to get this forum into the game, before the clock runs out on the tdi ....

Status
Not open for further replies.