Supercharged Diesel

phazersonstun

TDI
Only parts...
That thing ROCKS! How long have you been building it? Any more pictures? What IDI injectors are you running? Any pump mods? Have you dyno'ed it?

GREAT JOB!

speed185187

Veteran Member
TDI
Case 580 Super M,
It looks like you really need to put another idler pulley on that serp belt before it rips the TB cover off.

Tindias

TDI
2001 Golf
Yeah I am going to be taking a look at the belt in the next week or so when I get more time. I also have to shim the BOV to keep it from opening before I can put on the nitrous and crank up the enrichment. I should be able to get some still photos from my camcorder to post. THe body still needs some work tho. Planning on converting the grill to 4 round lights and painting it this summer. Just have to get the dents pulled out and the bed liner in first.

phaz the injectors are stock, I will be turning up the enrichment on the pump soon. These old IDI's the stock injectors work very well, they dont make many upgrades for them. No dyno yet, planning on doing that this summer.

jnecr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d
Tindias said:
I also have to shim the BOV to keep it from opening before I can put on the nitrous and crank up the enrichment.

BOV = Blow-off Valve??

On a supercharged engine?
ON A DIESEL??

TurbinePower

Veteran Member
TDI
None
jnecr said:
BOV = Blow-off Valve??

On a supercharged engine?
ON A DIESEL??
More like "Boost Overpressure Valve." It's a kind of safety to keep you from running "too much" boost in your early VW IDI turbodiesel. Stock, they open up at about 10psi or so.