Sunroof Switch

JWaltersTDI

Veteran Member
My 05 Jetta PD Sunroof doesnt open all the way like my 02 Jetta did. Is there anyway that the there can be both the "comfort" setting and the full open made to happen like on my 02?

TurbineTech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Have you tried pushing the switch past the comfort setting? There's some spring pressure and you have to hold it, but it should go.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
The markings are gone like on the old switch, and it absolutely wont go past the comfort setting. I cant see why they would remove that feature..
Have you checked the owner's manual?

boardom

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI PD - Beige/Black
If it's like my 04, you have to turn past the full setting, and hold.. it'll go all the way.
Don't baby it. TURNNNNNN!

JWaltersTDI

Veteran Member
Yay, that was the ticket, it just has to be turned past the stop. The owners manual does say that it will open all the way, but I just wasnt turning hard enough, Its a bit different than the 02.. Thanks for the info

el_flasho

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta
that's weird, i have an 04 and it opens all the way when i just turn it to the "full" setting..

jnecr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d
Yay, that was the ticket, it just has to be turned past the stop. The owners manual does say that it will open all the way, but I just wasnt turning hard enough, Its a bit different than the 02.. Thanks for the info
It took me a few days before I figured out that I could do that too... I don't see why they did that though. It's not uncomfortable to have it open all the way. In fact, I usually drive with it open all the way...