Sunroof Stuck Open on SE

PHOTOGUY1000

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S, SE & SEL & 2003 New Beetle
Sunroof is stuck open on my 2015 golf se... has anyone replaced the motor? I have not found any info on the job? Location of motor?

Thanks

Steve

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
this sounds terrible, probably involves headliner removal which cant be fun.

i thought there was a way to manually close the sunroof via a tool.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
ON the older cars, there was a manual crank that you could access under a little panel behind the dome lights. (And also where the motor was, making replacement fairly easy).
Pop that off and see if you have anything there.

PHOTOGUY1000

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S, SE & SEL & 2003 New Beetle
From what I read their is no manual way to close it... I replaced the sunroof in my mk3 it was easy. I cant even find a tutorial on pulling the headliner. Dealer wants $1200.

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
It could be some software protection. Any obd codes? (VCDS or obd11).
You could try unplugging the battery, wait a few minutes (or try starting the car), and plug back.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Switch could also be culprit as motors are pretty robust. roof is probably made by webesto. If the motor is jammed, Thumping on the glass firmly while pulsing the switch may free it up.

smittyatl

TDI
GSW
Had my pano roof stuck in the tilted open position. Took it to the dealer and they said it worked after "resetting it". Maybe try disconnecting the battery and trying again after reconnecting?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Probably "reset" it with a rubber mallet...:D

Had my pano roof stuck in the tilted open position. Took it to the dealer and they said it worked after "resetting it". Maybe try disconnecting the battery and trying again after reconnecting?