Summer '15 incentives question

Victor-Whiskey

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG
I completely understand the final price of a car is up to the dealer and buyer. However, I'm trying to settle an argument:
In July/August of this past Summer VW had a $1000 cash card and a 0% incentive. Was this an actual VW program rule that these two "offers may not be combined?"
Referring to a '15 Jetta TDI purchased in early August.

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
"Incentives" are just marketing designed to confuse stupid consumers. They may give you a $1000 cash card but in the end, they are just giving you your money. Car salesman always count on the stupidity of strangers.

Victor-Whiskey

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG
"Incentives" are just marketing designed to confuse stupid consumers. They may give you a $1000 cash card but in the end, they are just giving you your money. Car salesman always count on the stupidity of strangers.
That was not helpful. And, mostly inaccurate.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Well, maybe not helpful in the context of your question, but what I posted is the real world view of what happens when you buy a car.

Your "argument" has nothing to do with buying a car. Any "incentive" the dealer may offer is just smoke and mirrors. What ever incentive they offer will just be tacked on to the price of the car, so that in the end, the savings you think you are getting is being paid for with your money.

But I guess you will keep asking the question until you get the answer you are looking for............

Please explain the inaccurate part. I'm just trying to explain how things work in the real world.

Last edited:

jhinsc

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Ol'Rattler, advice given sounds like it was coming from experience? Car buyers today are much more informed today with all the information available to them before they walk into dealership. I recall the $1000 gift card campaign being advertised. I could be wrong, but I believe the inaccurate part was the promotion was a VW authorized incentive, not a dealer incentive, therefore the dealer loses nothing in a deal unless they are "forced" by VWoA to participate or contribute to it. You assumed it was total "smoke and mirrors" on the dealer's part, and your answer could mistakenly imply that the OP was "stupid".

EDIT: My apologies - got the name wrong, but the message was right. I corrected the name this was addressed to - never been good with names but I remember faces well!

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Well, my mistake then. In the case you sited, "smoke and Mirrors" by VOA. And yes, the voice of experience on my part.............

I was not saying anyone was stupid, just some car salesman's perception of their customers.

Last edited: