Study: Audi Steppenwolf

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
Audi released a new project car:

The Steppenwolf

It is based on the A3/TT floorpan and features many design-hints of the TT.

Quattro AWD, 19inch wheels, Height 1,46m, Width 1,83m. Suspension like allroad´s air suspension system with 4 levels, maximum ground clearance 22cm. For now 3.2L VR6 of the Racing Beetles.

Cockpit is IMO the finest part of the car: It is clad with shoe-leather and in the dashboard are REAL switches like in old Jaguars.

How do you like it ?

Claus

------------------
´92 VW Polo G40 - 1272ccm / 113bhp
´97 Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDI - 2461ccm / 140bhp Ad: "Why settle for moving with the times, when you can overtake them ?"
HP: http://www.planet-interkom.de/CFriedriszik

S

SkyPup

Looks pretty nice. "Fire all of the guns at once and explode into space" I can't think of a better song for a hardcore vehicle like this except perhaps for some badass Harley.

chutzpah

Veteran Member
Now I don't generally like SUVs, so this must be evidence that I'm a complete sucker for VW/Audi design. Dangit. I agree, those pedals and the shifter are hoss! However, no TDI = no temptation.

I also liked most of the other design exercises posted recently, particularly the VW speedster. Sharp!

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Nice thread Claus!

BTW - How many MPG does it get? I need to know how it does in order to determine if I can afford it!