Struts for 2014 Touareg Sport

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
Anyone have strut recommendations? Bilstein's are highly rated and priced to match. I will probably bite the bullet and put them on. At 149K, my struts are getting bad.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Bilstein B4/Touring are fairly priced, 10% stiffer than stock and a proper match for OEM springs.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Assuming it does not have the active suspension system (which I don't think any of the TDIs got in 2014), it could have a choice of two different Sachs units as the OEM. You can check, they'll be tagged or stamped somewhere on the strut itself. They would typically be about half the cost of the Bilsteins, but the Billys would be more durable I'd think. All my dubs have Bilsteins on them.

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
Bilstein B4/Touring are fairly priced, 10% stiffer than stock and a proper match for OEM springs.
Will that restore a little of my sag? I noticed other Touareg's set up higher

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
Purchased some Bilstein B4/Touring struts. Paid $727 for them. Will get them installed on November 1st. Probably save about $1000 from having this done at a dealer.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Let us know how you like them. Thinking of going B6 and lowering springs at some point.

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
Got my car back yesterday. Was quite a job replacing the struts. I did not know the struts had to be removed from the old coil springs and then installed on the new Bilsteins. If I'd known this, I would have had the springs replaced as well. I took it to get carry out last night and purposely took a road I avoid to test the ride. It was night and day on the bumps and seems to take the curves much better. My bill at the shop was $1025 and I had $727 in the struts. So $1752 total. Just under 152K miles on it.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
I'm looking to get B6 and H&R lowering springs installed. I usually do the install myself but I think I'm going to leave this vehicle to a shop to it for me. I wonder what a VW dealer would charge plus alignment?