Stripping TDI before buy back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revmatch

spammer-banned
TDI
Golf
I realize this has been covered heavily so far, but I thought I'd make a video about this situation. It might be unethical, but there's nothing VW can do about owners stripping their cars before turning them in.

Last edited by a moderator:

tjsadler

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6m
This is the kind of crap that will end up threatening the settlement for people with damaged cars. This is perfect ammo for VW to take to the court and try to renegotiate some of this. Seriously, what are you going to do with the junk you remove? If you want to do this, fine. Do it quietly and get on with your life. That's between you and VW. When you start advertising it they aren't just going to ignore it anymore.

vintovka

Banned
TDI
NO MORE VW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strip it for what? I thought about it and took a real close look at the car. The best part is the engine, its mileage and how it performs. Everything else is just ok or sub grade. Seats are marginal and coming apart and the plastic wood grain trim is a bit hokey, I like the analog clock and the butt warmers. The GPS is a pretty poor design and expensive to update. (Easily out performed by a cheap Garmin gps which we will keep), The radio is ok but obsolete. I noticed it has an unusual number of big Styrofoam inserts which I hadn't noticed before. It is really not a well made luxury level car like I wanted to believe . So i might swipe the unused cigarette lighter as a souvenir the rest is not worth the effort of potential risk. What a used clock and pair of butt warmers worth anyway,

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I realize this has been covered heavily so far, but I thought I'd make a video about this situation. It might be unethical, but there's nothing VW can do about owners stripping their cars before turning them in. link removed
Way to spread misinformation! The video in the upper, right corner was of an older, modified TDI rolling coal which has nothing to do with the reason for the buy back.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
I realize this has been covered heavily so far, but I thought I'd make a video about this situation. It might be unethical, but there's nothing VW can do about owners stripping their cars before turning them in. link removed
This ***hole looks like a douchebag. You'd take advice from this idiot... First does he have a VW TDI... jack***.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Link removed, thread locked, OP banned as a spammer.

Revmatch joined TDIClub to shill his youtube channel and churn up his views/stats. He will have to use some other forums somewhere else. He is not going to exploit TDIClub to his benefit.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.