Strange timing?

Humanaquarian

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
Remember the airbag recall that was announced right after the dieselgate? It seems VW is dragging their feet on fixing this. Mainly due to all of the anticipated buy backs? And strange wording in the settlement that says we can't total them before September or we lose out?
The blatant disregard for my saftey and making me basically mothball my car for months has me completely turned away fromVW at this point. I was going to get the fix, but just too many cons than pros.
Let's not even mention the HPFP, inter cooler or other grenade issues that make these cars such a gamble.
Such a shame.

dgoodhue

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 6MT JSW
Many of the car manufacturers affected by the air bag recall also are having long delays. At this point in time, I would say it is a coincidence.

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB, 2003 NB, 2006 Touareg, 2015 Jetta, 2013 Beetle, 2013 Touareg
Remember the airbag recall that was announced right after the dieselgate? It seems VW is dragging their feet on fixing this. Mainly due to all of the anticipated buy backs? And strange wording in the settlement that says we can't total them before September or we lose out?
The blatant disregard for my saftey and making me basically mothball my car for months has me completely turned away fromVW at this point. I was going to get the fix, but just too many cons than pros.
Let's not even mention the HPFP, inter cooler or other grenade issues that make these cars such a gamble.
Such a shame.
10+ years of many manufacturers trying to get replacements, from a relatively constrained manufacturing chain in the first place. Not going to find 85M airbags just forgotten in a warehouse somewhere. Plus new car production didn't stop, so you not only have to make all the ones for the orders to fill this years cars, you have to also make enough for a decade of other cars. I'm shocked how many they did get done so far.

Shawn MacAnanny

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Such a shame.
Don't forget the electrical connector that can catch fire! Lol