strange Tapatalk android/TDIClub behaviour

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
I use Tapatalk on two Android machines and two IOS machines to access TDIClub.

On the IOS machines Tapatalk works fine... retrieves the average 200+ new posts I find when I sign on, lets me scroll thru them (many screens if needed), reply, etc.

On the Android machines Tapatalk only seems to be able to access a screen or two of new posts, no matter how many there actually are. Doing a "refresh" simply brings in any new posts that have been sent while I was reading the first wave. Perhaps 10-15 new posts is all it seems to be able to load... with no way to keep going.

I've believe I've checked all the relevant settings on the Android machines... in particular, it's set to retrieve as many posts as possible... and the weird thing is that the Android machines work perfectly on other forums with 200+ outstanding posts... just not TDIClub.

TLDR: on TDIClub, and only on TDIClub, my Android Tapatalk machines can only retrieve 10-15 new posts, regardless of how many there are. On any other forum or when using the IOS version of Tapatalk on TDIClub everything works fine.

A strange issue... and not a dealbreaker, particularly since I know TDIClub is planning to change platforms, but wondered if anyone has had this particular experience with Tapatalk on Android.

thanks,

Vince