Strange A/C Shenanigans Going on

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
The a/c has taken to exhaling some vapor now and then, and my son reports there is condensation dripping on his friend's shoe up under the dash on the passenger side. Also, sometimes when turning either direction, it almost sounds like one of those African rainsticks...a sound like either slush moving back and forth or lots of small glass shards sliding. He says it sounds like water sloshing, but it sounds more like something sliding back and forth to me. I am not sure but what it could be leftover foam bits from the blend door, but don't really think they would make that noise. The moisture dripping concerns me, could the condenser be backing up or something? I am not yet sure if the condenser is inside or outside the firewall, looking.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Odds are there are leaves, foam and other crap blocking the evaporator (in the dash) drain. There is a little rubber flap in the firewall on the engine side you can try tearing this out or you can take an air nozzle and try blowing this out.