Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Last week I was at a small station. The clerk wouldn't authorize the pump. I did it 4 times figuring there was an issue. I washed in to talk to the clerk. Before I could even say a word. She snarkily said "you know that's diesel right?"
Really? You'd think theirs be a reason why I pushed the diesel button and grabbed the green nozzle more than once. It's a diesel car, that's why I'm getting diesel. Wanna come out and look? Activate the dang pump.

This is the second time a clerk did that. But the first time, they weren't rude about it.

Last edited:

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Never had a diesel complaint, but I did have a few truck drivers circled the pump and give me the looks.

The funniest was when I was crossing the border in my little blue 01 beetle with the flower still in the vase. I went to the border guard handed my passport, he asked why I'm going then he looks at the car and asked me whose car it is. It's mine. He nods asked me some more questions, that it says to me so, really, whose car is it? It's mine I see so we chat a little longer, he looks at me again and asked me for the third time, okay seriously, whose car is that? I said I got the ownership I can show you but he said that's fine. I guess me, 5'10, 230 lb shaved head and the 50 inch chest is not your average VW beetle driver
You're a small guy compared to me - 6feet, 250-260 pounds (no idea on chest size, but I buy shirts at the Big and Tall stores)

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Today at the circle K where i go for coffee and dohnuts on my way to work.... there was a MASSIVE diesel spill on the ground. enough for it to overflow over ther level ground pad and 30 feet down to the drain!
this was not some careless thing, i casually asked whats up with the mess and the cones etc.... clerk said some idiot tried to fill up a trash can with diesel and it fell out the back of the minivan he was trying to load it into. Said it was one of those big ones, she said it was 10 gallons of fuel that 100% of it down the drain.....
now that i think of it i should have asked if the cops were called or something! maybe well see it on some CCV on youtube sometime!

Last edited:

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Daughters car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Today at the circle K where i go for coffee and dohnuts on my way to work.... there was a MASSIVE diesel spill on the ground. enough for it to overflow over ther level ground pad and 30 feet down to the drain!
this was not some careless thing, i casually asked whats up with the mess and the cones etc.... clerk said some idiot tried to fill up a trash can with diesel and it fell out the back of the minivan he was trying to load it into. Said it was one of those big ones, she said it was 10 gallons of fuel that 100% of it down the drain.....
now that i think of it i should have asked if the cops were called or something! maybe well see it on some CCV on youtube sometime!

People like that actually have drivers licenses, reproduce and vote. It’s a scary world we live in.

Golf Wang

TDI
MK7 GTI, looking to own first TDI
so it finally happened. had an attendant fill my tdi with regular gas -_-. i pulled up to the diesel pump(but it was one of those dual hose pumps that does both) handed him my card and said "fill it diesel" and went inside the store to use the bathroom. came back out and the car was all filled up and done. i drove out of the station and like half a mile down the road the car stalled out and wouldnt start back up. at the time i didnt even think of it, and just assumed my fuel pump went. so i had it towed to vw and assumed it was gonna be a new fuel pump under warranty and they assumed the same until they went to work on it and realized the tank was full of regular gas. worst part is i never got a reciept from the gas attendant and by the time it was all realized it was almost a weeek after the fact. so i didnt bother going to the shell station and putting up a fight id probably lose. $600 lesson learned to be more diligent and avoid filling up anywhere besides my local station where they know me as soon as i pull in and i dont even have to tell them anything
$600? I figured it’d ruin the entire dueling system